Question Replacement laptop screen just shows as a white screen when laptop is turned on ?

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
Hello, & thank you in advance for advise.

Laptop model: Asus Visio 16X

I am currently helping a friend with her laptop because she broke the screen, you could still see the image with the spider web cracks..
After recieving a compatible replacement screen I dismanteled the laptop carefully and replaced the screen only & left it half apart & I just wanted to test the screen before installing it completely.
So I made sure to put the computer in clamshell mode where it stays on with the lid closed, attached the lid clamps to the screen & checked if the laptop worked with HDMI which it did.

Finally I turned the laptop on & all you see on the screen is white with no mouse curser or anything else, when I plug the HDMI back in it works but the display screen is always white.

Its a weekend & the company's not open where I bought the screen from but I looked on the back & the serial numbers are not the same.
So is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm hoping its not the connector wire.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks again.

P.S its a 30 pin connector

Last edited:
Solution
Since you've disassembled the laptop's screen/hinges, you should match the model/part number of the panel with the one you've sourced as a replacement, not the serial numbers.

Use this site to help narrow down the right part number;

Lutfij

Titan
Since you've disassembled the laptop's screen/hinges, you should match the model/part number of the panel with the one you've sourced as a replacement, not the serial numbers.

Use this site to help narrow down the right part number;

Solution