Question Screen flicker when plugged in with DisplayPort

May 4, 2024
Noticed this yesterday, but my screen seems to have started flickering. It is mostly noticeable on white and other light colors, it does not seem to happen on darker colors. The flicker is not very strong, but it is enough to be annoying, it feels like my eyes are bugging when it flickers it it makes it hard to look at the screen. The light colored surface also need to be relatively large for me to at least notice the flicker.

I did recently upgrade my computer, but the screen at least to what I have noticed has functioned fine with the new PC up until yesterday when I noticed the flicker.

I have a second monitor and I do not have the same issue on that one, small addon I just noticed for some reason if I open up a white screen on my second monitor the flickering seems to stop.

The screen is a: ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQL1A (1440p, 144hz but i have it set to 120hz) I have it plugged in with a DisplayPort.

I tried a couple of fixes, mainly I tried to update the display driver but that didn't work. I then tried changing which DisplayPort it was plugged into on my graphics card (4070ti super), and that seemed to fix the problem temporarily. Sadly after a while it came back, and changing port didn't work the second time (my monitor only has one DP in). I then tried changing to another DP cable, but it did nothing. Now I have it changed to a HDMI cable, and this has at least for now fixed the problem. But it also means I loose g-sync, not the end of the world, but if anyone knows what the problem could be and how to fix it so I can go back to using DP that would be great.

The video is what the flicker looks like on camera, on person it feel a lot more like it flashes slightly black all the time making it hard to look at the screen

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried a couple of fixes, mainly I tried to update the display driver but that didn't work.
Can you walk us through how you did that? Using DDU?

Disable Adaptive Sync and see if the issue is resolved.

May 4, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried a couple of fixes, mainly I tried to update the display driver but that didn't work.
Can you walk us through how you did that? Using DDU?

Disable Adaptive Sync and see if the issue is resolved.
So to update my display drivers I went to Asus's site and manually downloaded the newest drivers and installed them in device manager. Since I am currently connected with HDMI adaptiv sync is disabled.