Question Simple rebar question

shafted

Honorable
Dec 13, 2017
Not relating to GPU performance...Does enabling rebar block the OS from using rebar memory (size allocated or not) if the GPU isn't using it? Asking because I have 32GB memory (all shows up) with rebar enabled- no size set . However no matter what I'm doing my memory usage never has gone above 12GB. It goes up a little if I disable the page file completely, but some programs wont run with it disabled. My available system memory for the GPU in task monitor always shows 16GB whether rebar is enabled in the bios or not. I don't game much and would disable rebar if the OS would make better use of my installed memory.

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
Not relating to GPU performance...Does enabling rebar block the OS from using rebar memory (size allocated or not) if the GPU isn't using it? Asking because I have 32GB memory (all shows up) with rebar enabled- no size set . However no matter what I'm doing my memory usage never has gone above 12GB. It goes up a little if I disable the page file completely, but some programs wont run with it disabled. My available system memory for the GPU in task monitor always shows 16GB whether rebar is enabled in the bios or not. I don't game much and would disable rebar if the OS would make better use of my installed memory.
I think the OS would, but it doesn't need to. Like yourself, i have never gone above 12Gb use. Usually maxing out at 9Gb.

I have 64Gb of RAM and Windows duly allocates 32 gigs to the iGPU which does *nothing* to justify that much. However, it isn't wasted. It just isn't used.
There is a dGPU in the system (RTX 4060). It puzzled me why so much was allocated to the iGPU, but in the end there is 0 effect on performance and no problem caused so i kinda shrug and move on.