Question something is making my pc unable to boot and run properly

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 27, 2024
1070 works,
IGPU works.

is that on the 1070? Were they ever attached to it before?

I would start to look at the display cables if two different GPU can't get a picture through them. But then 2 cables dying at once is unlikely... I don't think a GPU can damage monitors? Something strange going on.

Had any power surges recently? Thunderstorms in area? Lightning strikes?
But then rest of PC is fine... scratches head.
next day for more struggles trying to fix this.
2nd monitor still works on the 1070 and igpu.
the display cables are fine.
i think gpus are whats used for the display so most likely 3060 problem or psu problem for not providing enough power or something like that.
again, no storms or anything for the past couple months

Jan 27, 2024
on another site with the same forum, i received some possible fixes:

-E:\ has a few SMART errors, disconnect the drive and see if anything changes
-C:\ is down to 21GB of free space, clean that up to improve Windows operations
-There are two newer BIOS updates since your current one of R02-B0
-Remove the ACER bloatware programs

In case memory is to blame, remove both sticks, wipe their contact pins, their motherboard slots, and their circuitry boards with a soft bristled brush. Just put one stick back in and test. If no issues, remove and try the other. If issues, try the other mobo slots.

tried removing my e drive, cleaned my C drive, removed acer bloatware, and oh boy have i got some news from trying to flash bios.

i cannot enter uefi firmware to flash bios. when pressing f12 to enter boot menu, only windows boot manager pops up. but once i press it, it just boots into windows like normally. ive researched several forums but nothing helps. i cant remove the cmos battery, nor want to, as it can cause further issues if not done by a professional with necessary tools.

might have to bite the bullet and play on my 60hz instead of 165hz and run with the og 1070 instead of 3060. seems like i get problems from upgrading :ROFLMAO: