Question SSD not showing up in windows installation media?

May 19, 2024
Hello all,

I have an ASUS Z790-Plus Wifi D4 Tuf Gaming Motherboard with an Intel i9-13900KF Desktop Processor. I also have 4 M.2 slots, and I have my 1 2tb SP M.2 NVMe SSD plugged into one.

The main problem is that I know the SSD is connected, because the BiOS shows it as a storage device, but when I run the windows installation media on a 16gb sandisk cruzer glide USB, it can't recognize the SSD.

I've done diskpart. Listed all the disks multiple times. I've also checked the SSD connection (even though I'm 99% sure that's not the problem) multiple times. Even moved it to different M.2 slots. I ended up keeping it in the 1 M.2 Intel 12th and 13th gen slot.

Something I noticed that was a little odd was that the SSD showed as RAID in the BiOS load page, but then when I went into advanced mode it identified it as a non-RAID device.

Please help, as I can't load Windows onto my M.2!

May 19, 2024
Hello COLGeek,

I tried the instructions given in the tutorial. I'm trying to install Windows 10, and I don't know if the information in the tutorial is conflicting with what I'm doing, because the tutorial's directions are for Windows 11 installation. I could not find any TPM settings, and Secure Boot is set to 'Custom' with default keys.

Thank you!

USAFRet

Titan
Hello COLGeek,

I tried the instructions given in the tutorial. I'm trying to install Windows 10, and I don't know if the information in the tutorial is conflicting with what I'm doing, because the tutorial's directions are for Windows 11 installation. I could not find any TPM settings, and Secure Boot is set to 'Custom' with default keys.

Thank you!
Win 10

Win 11

May 19, 2024
Hello.

I've tried the BiOS settings for disabling Secure Boot & Fast Boot. When trying to load the installation media, I still get no drives showing. Is there something else I can do?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
How recently did you download the installation media from Microsoft?

In addition, you should consider installing Win 11 instead. The product key you have for 10 will work with 11. Also, Windows 10 support is scheduled to end in 2025.

May 19, 2024
Yes. That's what I had thought. What's weird is that on the opening ezmode of BiOS it says it's a RAID storage device but in advanced mode it shows it as a non-raid configured device

May 19, 2024
Default settings yielded no successful results, just more of the same (no drives shown on the drive list, diskpart doesn't work as well)

However, I am on BiOS version 1611. How can I update my motherboard to the latest BiOS version?