Question SSD/RAM fix issues???

May 5, 2024
I may having multiple BSOD's and cannot safe boot or reinstall Windows 11 without crashing. I think its a driver or cache issue. I have ran SFC /scannow and get stuck there, as it seems driver Issues but needs to restart to correct! I cannot reboot from X:sources. If I manually power down the PC it doesn't seem to fix anything. IF I change out my SSD and RAM for new components, will this resolve my driver issues?

i7 14th gen intel
MSI Z690 Edge WIFE
WD 2TB SSD Black
Corsair 3600 Mhz RGB RAM 32 GB

Lutfij

Titan
I may having multiple BSOD's and cannot safe boot or reinstall Windows 11 without crashing.
If you can't reinstall the OS due to a BSoD, then it very well might be your ram or storage or your integrated memory controller on your processor going bad.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Did you recreate your bootable Installer to rule out a corrupt installer? You might want to pass on a link to your ram kit.

On second thoughts;
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Just to bring a point to light, troubleshooting isn't about pointing a finger at a component and hoping it's the likely culprit. You use spare parts to rule them out until you're left with the logical conclusion.

I may having multiple BSOD's and cannot safe boot or reinstall Windows 11 without crashing. I think its a driver or cache issue. I have ran SFC /scannow and get stuck there, as it seems driver Issues but needs to restart to correct! I cannot reboot from X:sources. If I manually power down the PC it doesn't seem to fix anything. IF I change out my SSD and RAM for new components, will this resolve my driver issues?

i7 14th gen intel
MSI Z690 Edge WIFE
WD 2TB SSD Black
Corsair 3600 Mhz RGB RAM 32 GB
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run.
No errors allowed.

May 5, 2024
Specifically here are my stats on my build:
Intel i7-14700k
MSI MPG Z690 Edge WIFI DDR4
WD 2TB SN850X SSD - Primary
WD Blue 2TB HDD
Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4
Integrated graphics currently in use, no Graphics card.
Corsair 4000d RGB case with 4-120mm fans iCUE controlled
MSI MAG Core liquid c240 radiator for CPU
Wired keyboard and mouse (HP)
Samsung M7 SmartMontitor 32 inch.

I cannot create a memtest86 bootable USB as I do not have another PC at the moment..only android tablet

May 5, 2024
>My thoughts were it was just as easy to buy more RAM and another SSD as I was planning on adding to my system anyway....but not 100% sure if that will resolve my issue

I don't know what your issue is, but I'm 99% sure that more RAM/SSD won't resolve it.

Your issue has hundreds of potential causes, as with most "I got BSOD here's my system specs" posts here. Most will merit one or two weak guesses in response--probably with some BUY MOAR PSU comments--and that's the extent of help you can expect.

Troubleshooting process requires getting your hands dirty, and methodically going through a step-by-step process of elimination. It's mostly hands-on trial-and-error. Online guesses won't get you there.

Your problem is actually pretty simple to solve, because it's immediate, not intermittent. You need to strip the PC down to essentials--both HW and SW--see if that works, and gradually add in more parts until you find the error. That's it.
I appreciate your input and I agree with you. I had a new WD 2 TB Blue HDD fail about a week before this started. I don't have much connected to it but will definitely start bare bones and trouble shoot it. I appreciate you