Question Superflower Leadex VII 1000W VGA Cables

May 5, 2024
Im sorry if this one question sounds real stupid, but why am i getting 5 different psu cables marked as "VGA cables" ,im using a 3060ti so its a 8+6 pin but right now idk which end goes into the PSU and which one goes into my 3060ti...

Also one more question i forgot to ask the pc dudes at the shop this PSU has a eco mode aside the power switch, should i turn it on or off?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Is there any reason you got such a massive power supply? That is why it has all those cables, to power things.

What was wrong with the 600W bronze in your signature?

You should not be able to plug in the component side to the PSU side and vice versa. They will be keyed differently at a minimum. They should all also be 6+2 connectors, meaning they split. The side going to the PSU won't split.

May 5, 2024
Is there any reason you got such a massive power supply? That is why it has all those cables, to power things.

You should not be able to plug in the component side to the PSU side and vice versa. They will be keyed differently at a minimum. They should all also be 6+2 connectors, meaning they split. The side going to the PSU won't split.
Uh future proofing for mid 50 series n future upgrades, it was a $15 diff from the PSU choice pool i got so this one is what i got

May 5, 2024
What? the 600W one will be a 12-pin 12VHPWR cable for cards like the 3090/3090Ti and most of the 40 series cards.
OH I SEE, so for my 3060ti ill be taking 2 VGA cables plug it into the psu and use the one 6+2 and just 6 pin for the other 6+2 and plug it into my card?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I mean, the 600W Bronze was a junky group-regulated unit.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Wdym by intakes and exhausts independently?

Your case, like most ATX cases built these days has the PSU intake at the bottom of the chassis with the PSU exhaust immediately to the rear. It is not part of the air flow of the rest of the computer interior. So its fan has no impact on the rest of the system's airflow.

But if you say, have this computer inside of a old style desk mount or tucked in between a wall and the side of a desk then you might want the fan to be running. If it is sitting on top of your desk or on the floor in an open space, then I would say fan off is preferable.

May 5, 2024
I didn't even realize that was part of the PSU name, never seen that one.
If u look it up in the forum someone called it "the pc killer pandora box" something
Your case, like most ATX cases built these days has the PSU intake at the bottom of the chassis with the PSU exhaust immediately to the rear. It is not part of the air flow of the rest of the computer interior. So its fan has no impact on the rest of the system's airflow.

But if you say, have this computer inside of a old style desk mount or tucked in between a wall and the side of a desk then you might want the fan to be running. If it is sitting on top of your desk or on the floor in an open space, then I would say fan off is preferable.
OH okay so if its on the floor and on a rug, i should turn the fans off which means "eco mode on"?

May 5, 2024
Yes, but you should get something solid like a piece of wood or large tiles to sit your computer on top of. You really don't want the rug in contact with the bottom of the case if you can help it.
Oh don't worry about that! My case has these little foot under them, try checking out cube gaming friel

May 5, 2024
As long as there is some free space under the chassis and the rug doesn't shed too much.
I see thanks! Anyways i don't think i should make a new thread for this, so what do you think i could improve from my cable management? Or is this good enough for first management?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I mean you still have some ziptie mounts running up the center for that very purpose. You could make it neater, but functionally it will be the same.

Generally, you want to bundle as many wires together as you can in lines that follow the general shape of the chassis and aren't visible from the main case interior.

Of note you would want the cut out on the back of the motherboard try to have no wires crossing it, if possible. That large ribbon cable loop should be aligned with the other wires and secured. I believe I see your GPU power cables going up and over through that middle cut out. Not sure if that is cleanest way to do that. I would have to see the other side, but the cut outs closer to the motherboard tray are often used for that.

May 5, 2024
I mean you still have some ziptie mounts running up the center for that very purpose. You could make it neater, but functionally it will be the same.

Generally, you want to bundle as many wires together as you can in lines that follow the general shape of the chassis and aren't visible from the main case interior.

Of note you would want the cut out on the back of the motherboard try to have no wires crossing it, if possible. That large ribbon cable loop should be aligned with the other wires and secured. I believe I see your GPU power cables going up and over through that middle cut out. Not sure if that is cleanest way to do that. I would have to see the other side, but the cut outs closer to the motherboard tray are often used for that.
Oh right yeah about the gpu, i could try to use the cutout near the bottom of the gpu and use the hole where the gpu cable coming out right now for mobo cable? Front view

Actually about the mobo cable, i can't do anything about it lol, its just too short if i loop it thru the cutout i formerly used for the gpu

New front view

Last edited: