May 11, 2024
What's the maximum CPU and GPU combination that this power supply unit (PSU) can support?
It's a 450-watt PSU with 80 Plus White certification, equipped with over-voltage protection (OVP), short-circuit protection (SCP), over-power protection (OPP), and no-load operation (NLO) protection.
I like to run a RX 6600(stock)
my specs are
- CPU: Ryzen 4350G APU
-Motherboard: B450 DS3H
- RAM: 16GB (2x8)
- Storage: 1 HDD
- Cooling: 3 fans
-PSU Antec VP450P PLUS
cooler master Power Supply Calculator shows: (288 Watts) idk if its fans included

kanewolf

Titan
What's the maximum CPU and GPU combination that this power supply unit (PSU) can support?
It's a 450-watt PSU with 80 Plus White certification, equipped with over-voltage protection (OVP), short-circuit protection (SCP), over-power protection (OPP), and no-load operation (NLO) protection.
my specs are
-PSU Antec VP450P PLUS
cooler master Power Supply Calculator shows: (288 Watts) idk if its fans included
You need to verify what supplemental power plug the specific card you are interested in requires. Then verify that your power supply has one.

Reactions: rayquastillo
my specs are
-PSU Antec VP450P PLUS

in short you would need to upgrade the psu to at least 500w for a rx 6000 it really depends on your overall budget.

as it goes that psu is a 396w psu it doesnt have the capacity of 450w on 12v.

low profile 4060 as there 450w min spec depends on model though. personally i would

get a 650w or greater psu though.

kanewolf

Titan
in short you would need to upgrade the psu to at least 500w for a rx 6000 it really depends on your overall budget.

as it goes that psu is a 396w psu it doesnt have the capacity of 450w on 12v.

low profile 4060 as there 450w min spec depends on model though. personally i would

get a 650w or greater psu though.
AMD specs for the 6600 show a 450W minimum. The power supply actually has two 6+2 PCIe power plugs. So it really depends on the specific card.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
my specs are
-PSU Antec VP450P PLUS

Cheap, group-regulated PSU, so I wouldn't use it on *any* GPU that required supplementary power.