[SOLVED] Turned on TPM in my BIOS but Windows Update still states that "This PC doesn't meet requirements for Windows 11"

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019
Hi there,

So I'm trying to update from Windows 10 to 11 but in Windows Update it says that my PC does not meet minimum requirements. I turned on TPM in my BIOS and when I restarted the computer and ran Windows PC Health Check it states "This PC meets Windows 11 requirements".

Yet when I go back into Windows Update it still states that "This PC doesn't meet the requirements etc".

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong? I'm hoping to upgrade to 11 via Update rather than going to the Media Tools USB method which is how I installed Windows 10 in the first place.

My rig is as follows:
Ryzen 7 3700x
ASUS X570 Tuf Gaming Motherboard
Samsung 1TB SSD
RTX 2070 Super Graphics card

Solution
Hi there,

So I'm trying to update from Windows 10 to 11 but in Windows Update it says that my PC does not meet minimum requirements. I turned on TPM in my BIOS and when I restarted the computer and ran Windows PC Health Check it states "This PC meets Windows 11 requirements".

Yet when I go back into Windows Update it still states that "This PC doesn't meet the requirements etc".

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong? I'm hoping to upgrade to 11 via Update rather than going to the Media Tools USB method which is how I installed Windows 10 in the first place.

My rig is as follows:
Ryzen 7 3700x
Samsung 1TB SSD

Hello!

First of all, make sure that Secure Boot is...

zesun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
Can you provide a screen of the update page?

It's most likely and error or maybe you're just not selected by ms yet. - If you really want to use win11 now, jsut use the media create tool. It's the same result in the end.

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019

It's most likely and error or maybe you're just not selected by ms yet. - If you really want to use win11 now, jsut use the media create tool. It's the same result in the end.

Cheers for the reply. Here's a screenshot of what I see: https://snipboard.io/Je6dY4.jpg

It's just that it would be more convenient to install Windows 11 through this method rather than trying to find my USB key!

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019

By the way I forgot to mention this is what Windows PC Health says as you can see in this screenshot: https://snipboard.io/WVdUin.jpg

So it's a bit weird that one thing says the PC is fine to install Windows 11 but the Windows Update says otherwise...

Endre

Honorable
Hi there,

My rig is as follows:
Ryzen 7 3700x
Samsung 1TB SSD

Hello!

First of all, make sure that Secure Boot is enabled in the BIOS.

Secondly, check if TPM is enabled endeed. For that do the following:
Right click on Start/ Run.
Type: tpm.msc
(A window will open. It should say TPM 2.0 in the right low corner).

If these two requirements are as they should be, and you don’t want to wait anymore, you can just download the ISO file from Microsoft. Make a bootable flash drive, and install Win11.

I hope this helps...

Solution

zesun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
Cheers for the reply. Here's a screenshot of what I see: https://snipboard.io/Je6dY4.jpg

It's just that it would be more convenient to install Windows 11 through this method rather than trying to find my USB key!
Hmm, that seems weird. Your system should be ok to get the update and as per your health check image, it does say so itself.

Luckily you do not need to use a usb to upgrade from the media create tool. Go here: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

And choose Windows 11 Installation Assistant. Should let you install it fine. It downloads the update and goes on from there.

Let us know if any errors pop up. Then something else is going on.