Question Very random crashes on my PC ?

Ananazzo

Prominent
Dec 1, 2022
Hi. Im experiencing very random crashes with my pc. This usually happens like once a week, sometimes more sometimes less.

Symptoms:
Displays suddenly go black (sometimes one green and one black) and sounds stop (sometimes sound just starts to loop), cant do anything but to restart pc with reset button on case or flip the psu power switch, if i press reset then when it tries to turn on i get no image and my mobo debug lights show a cpu light. flipping psu power switch and then turning pc on everything works like normal.

Specs:
I5 12600k
Msi z690-a pro ddr4
4x8gb 3200 kingston ddr4
corsair rm 850x
red devil 5700 xt

I have tried looking at event viewer but i dont understand it.
Drivers are up to date, temps are fine.
Can anyone help?

Good points above. I’ve got a similar setup, same psu, a 12600kf, but using a 6800xt. If the psu is newer I’d say look at the cooling. I’ve got a Thermalright peerless assassin on my cpu and it’s quite happy.

If the ram isn’t a matched set, maybe that could play into it to?

Ananazzo

Prominent
Dec 1, 2022
How are you cooling that processor? What is the age of the PSU? Make and model of your case and the number of fans in your case and their orientation? BIOS version for your motherboard?
Cpu cooler is arctic freezer 34 esports duo. Psu is 1.5 years old. Case is Lian-li lancool 2 mesh, and i have 7 case fans, two intake from bottom, three intake from front, one exhaust top and back.
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. 1.E0, 11/09/2023

Ananazzo

Prominent
Dec 1, 2022
Good points above. I’ve got a similar setup, same psu, a 12600kf, but using a 6800xt. If the psu is newer I’d say look at the cooling. I’ve got a Thermalright peerless assassin on my cpu and it’s quite happy.

If the ram isn’t a matched set, maybe that could play into it to?
I have two kits of the same ram, Kingston fury beast. Temps seem fine, at idle with all fans other than the cpu cooler stopped gpu is 53c and cpu is 46c.

Ananazzo

Prominent
Dec 1, 2022
I could try updating the bios, but as the crashes are very random i cant just try to recreate one easily.

Edit: I have now updated my bios.

Last edited:

Ananazzo

Prominent
Dec 1, 2022
Hi. It happened again today, this time one screen started working after wating a while, then got a popup that gpu driver has crashed and now in safe mode. I also got a popup that icue crashed. Is it possible that my gpu is dying?

The last time this happened i was playing ets2, now i was watching yt.

Last edited: