[SOLVED] VGA and HDMI ports from Motherboard not working?

Nov 11, 2021
A weird problem I had recently, did a cleaning of the my PC tower as it was getting dirty but after finishing it and connecting everything back, it seems like some of my back panel MOBO ports just stopped working.

Ports that can connect to my devices and function normally:
  • USB ports
  • Ethernet port
Ports that don't work and won't connect to my devices:
  • HDMI port
  • VGA port
Right now, the only way I can have a display is my monitor connecting directly into the HDMI port from my graphics card. I have a dual monitor display and the way I had it rigged up was that my main monitor would have an HDMI cable connected directly into the Graphics Card (because otherwise, my monitor would only display using the integrated MOBO graphics card) and also have a connection to the MOBO VGA port. I would display using VGA but when I try to connect either monitor to my computer's VGA port, the screen just says "VGA no signal". The second monitor just connects to the MOBO's HDMI but when I try to connect there, it says "HDMI no signal". The fact that it shows a message as soon I plug anything in I guess means it detects some sort of connection but just doesn't display? Any help appreciated to try and troubleshoot.

Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard
ASRock Z270 Pro4
Graphics
VG245 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (MSI)
Storage
447GB PNY CS1311 480GB SSD (SSD)

Solution
A weird problem I had recently, did a cleaning of the my PC tower as it was getting dirty but after finishing it and connecting everything back, it seems like some of my back panel MOBO ports just stopped working.

• USB ports
  • Ethernet port
  • HDMI port
  • VGA port
Right now, the only way I can have a display is my monitor connecting directly into the HDMI port from my graphics card. I have a dual monitor display and the way I had it rigged up was that my main monitor would have an HDMI cable connected directly into the Graphics Card (because otherwise, my monitor would only display using the...

kanewolf

Titan

• USB ports
  • Ethernet port
  • HDMI port
  • VGA port
Right now, the only way I can have a display is my monitor connecting directly into the HDMI port from my graphics card. I have a dual monitor display and the way I had it rigged up was that my main monitor would have an HDMI cable connected directly into the Graphics Card (because otherwise, my monitor would only display using the integrated MOBO graphics card) and also have a connection to the MOBO VGA port. I would display using VGA but when I try to connect either monitor to my computer's VGA port, the screen just says "VGA no signal". The second monitor just connects to the MOBO's HDMI but when I try to connect there, it says "HDMI no signal". The fact that it shows a message as soon I plug anything in I guess means it detects some sort of connection but just doesn't display? Any help appreciated to try and troubleshoot.

Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard
ASRock Z270 Pro4
Graphics
VG245 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (MSI)
Storage
447GB PNY CS1311 480GB SSD (SSD)
Since you have a graphics card, by default he motherboard graphics are disabled. You may be able to enable the integrated graphics in the BIOS even if you have a graphics card. But no matter what, the motherboard ports are always associated with the CPU integrated graphics.

Reactions: JoeyJoestar
Solution
Nov 11, 2021
Since you have a graphics card, by default he motherboard graphics are disabled. You may be able to enable the integrated graphics in the BIOS even if you have a graphics card. But no matter what, the motherboard ports are always associated with the CPU integrated graphics.
I do remember this being the case, but since my GPU only has one proper HDMI port and the other being a DVI port I don't have an adapter to, up until 2 days ago I was having both integrated graphics and the actual graphics card enabled so I can use 2 monitors with just VGA and HDMI. Unsure why my settings would have changed so suddenly.

I'll go into the bios and change it, see how it goes.

Nov 11, 2021
Okay so it was the fact that the MOBO graphics display were disabled again. No idea how that happened but changed the primary display in BIOS as Kanewolf suggested and my dual displays returned.

All I needed to do after this to not run into the problem of my programs actually trying to run on a bad MOBO graphics card, was go into my NVIDIA Control panel settings (right click on your desktop) and add the programs I want my NVDIA graphics card to run into the list under "Manage 3D Settings". Thanks for the help!