Question Volume keeps getting fading away/lowered on my headphones?

beno

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
I just built a new PC and while using my headphone the output volume through headphone keeps getting fading away then back full again then fading away again. i can't get constant volume on my headphones.

i am using headphone input Hybrid Audio Port at front top of my case XPG Stalker.

Windows 10
Asus Prime Z790-A WIFI

Last edited:
I just built a new PC and while using my headphone the output volume through headphone keeps getting fading away then back full again then fading away again. i can't get constant volume on my headphones.

i am using headphone input Hybrid Audio Port at front top of my case XPG Stalker.

Windows 10
Asus Prime Z790-A WIFI
This case has a TRRS combined headphone and microphone jack. This is the same type of jack used on cell phones. Unless your headphone has a TRRS plug it will not work correctly and you will need an adapter that splits the headphone and microphone connections.

beno

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
try using the audio out of the backpanel of the motherboard

Which headphones are you using?

disable microphone
Will try though.
It is 2B brand (KB344 - 4 in 1 Gaming Combo).

This case has a TRRS combined headphone and microphone jack. This is the same type of jack used on cell phones. Unless your headphone has a TRRS plug it will not work correctly and you will need an adapter that splits the headphone and microphone connections.
My headphone has TRRS plug and i used to use an adapter/splitter on my old case to connect both headphone and mircophone as case had two inputs for headphone/mic and worked with no problems.

Now with my new case, i shall use TRRS socket of case directly without an adapter but i am getting the issue i mentioned.

beno

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Will try though.
It is 2B brand (KB344 - 4 in 1 Gaming Combo).

Update:

i tried the splitter through connecting to backpanel of the motherboard and headphone worked fine with no problem.

Now, below is my headphone speaker jack which is supposed to be a TRRS type, Why it isn't working well (as per previously stated issue) with Hybrid Audio Port at front top of my case XPG Stalker ?

421109656-1331249750916675-3121207276443204288-n1.jpg

beno

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Update :
looks like the fix was selecting Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio stream simultaneously in Relatek Audio Control.

No more this issue now.

Capture.jpg