[SOLVED] What Cable Modem/Router or Modem should I get?

FireAlarm321

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
Hi, I am planning on getting a brand new cable modem and a brand new router for my next ISP (Cox). I want something that will last (my SB6141 is slowly starting to "die") and something that will be worth the money. I have a straw poll with all of the options Here. I am also looking for a router, so if I decide on a modem that doesn't have a built-in router I know which one to use. Here are the options for the routers: Strawpoll

Solution
Your ISP will have a list of supported modems for the speed of service you want. Choose from that list. Get a separate modem and router. Routers get upgraded far more frequently than modems. And if you get a standard router, you can reuse it with any ISP service type (coax, dsl, fiber, etc).

kanewolf

Titan
Your ISP will have a list of supported modems for the speed of service you want. Choose from that list. Get a separate modem and router. Routers get upgraded far more frequently than modems. And if you get a standard router, you can reuse it with any ISP service type (coax, dsl, fiber, etc).

Solution