Question What is wrong with my cpu?

May 7, 2024
I was playing a game when I noticed my computer case was weirdly hot. I shut down, opened ryzen master and had to reinstall it. Once I got it running I saw that my cpu was idling around 70c and spiking to 80+, just while idling nothing else was open. I restarted again and stress tested with a game (gray zone warfare) and after 2/3 minutes of sitting in the base camp my pc froze. This has never been an issue before. Upon restart I booted up ryzen master and it's showing: (temp: -1c, peaked speed 0, ppt 100% of -1, cpu power, -1, soc tele power -1, TDC 100% of -1, EDC 100% of -1, cpu tele volt -1, soc tele volt -1). Sound is not coming through my headphones anymore, YouTube videos are stopping to buffer every 2/3 seconds. Cpu utilization is currently between 8-18% while idle with just ryzen master and adrenalin running. (NOTE: This jumped to 12-35% while idle while I was typing this on my phone) Gpu seems to be logging believable numbers. Please help, is it just a thermal paste issue?

Specs: ryzen 9 5950x cpu cooled with a noctua nh-d15, 6800xt gpu, on an aorus b550 pro v2 mobo, 32 gb of ddr4 3600 g skill trident z ram, and I have an evga supernova 1000 G6 power supply

Last edited: