What movies have you watched more than once?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 14, 2023
I don't usually watch movies more than once, but I've watched The Martian, one of my favorites, many times.
The Martian is one of the best Matt Damon movies. If you are into the space genre watch Interstellar. I have watched Interstellar 3-4 times and will watch it again if got the chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 19, 2023
We're the Millers has been on my radar a lot lately. It's a great comedy. Especially when I'm under a lot of stress, comedies like this help me relax.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Without a doubt Conan the Barbarian Arnold version. It is by far my favorite movie for the genre and probably of all time as well.

There are a lot of good follow on for 2nd place and down.
Star Wars parts 4-6
Amadeus
Saving Private Ryan (admittedly, there are a LOT of war movies that could be here)
Dead Poets Society
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (with Costner) because it was the first disc I got with true surround sound. That axe throw...
To be fair, I see a lot of movie over and over. My memory is terrible, so if I wait a while most seem new again.

As far as just series there is no doubt that I have seen The Sopranos so much that I almost know the script of every episode.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
O Brother where art thou?
Matrix series.
Lord of the Rings series.
The postman.
Water world.
original Star wars series.
Independence Day.
Heavy Metal
The Wall
Tommy
Who framed Roger Rabit.
Cars
The nightmare before Christmas

AgentBirdnest

Respectable
Jun 8, 2022
I watch every movie that doesn't suck more than once.
Among my top 20 favorite movies, I've watched most of them probably 20 times each.

My most-watched ever is The 'Burbs. At least 100 times. I'd put it on repeat when I was sick and staying home from school. I was sick a lot, for weeks/months at a time - before streaming existed, and we didn't have cable-TV, so I'd watch our VHS+DVD collection over and over to keep myself occupied.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'm also a "re-watch pretty much any movie that doesn't suck", kind of guy. Kind of tough coming up with a Top 5, but off the top of my head

1) Tarantula (1955)
2) Heavy Metal (1981)
3) Aliens (1986)
4) Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
5) The Thing (1982)

After watching a movie so many times, I tend to burn out on them (I'm talking to you, "A Christmas Story"!) and it takes a while before I can stop channel surfing and watch it again, but these, I can watch any time.

-Wolf sends

P.S. And yes. During my college years, I COULD recite the entire script from Holy Grail.

Reactions: AgentBirdnest
my best advice would be to avoid anything from 1997 and on.
there are a few worth watching within that later timeline but the majority of 'worth watching films' will be from ~1964-1992.

please take into consideration those few later films that are worth the time, but the majority are the same type of crap as most music ~1998+, just garbage hoping for attention...