Question what specs gaming pc or gaming laptop should i buy?

Apr 25, 2024
actually i need a gaming pc for heavy gaming and gaming laptop for gaming and editing, also for portability and need both future proof any advice

there are hundreds of higher quality options available and that stock is always evolving.

you will need to include your budget and the exact time frame you plan on purchasing
the type of performance, and in what specific games, you are looking for
and for laptops; the screen size & resolution you are looking for

As a complete shot in the dark, here you go:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor ($189.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($35.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 Extreme ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($67.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Gigabyte AORUS Gen4 7300 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($134.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card ($689.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($102.00 @ B&H)
Monitor: Dell Alienware AW2724DM 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Monitor ($299.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1710.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-02 11:38 EDT-0400

Laptop 1799.999: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-p...tx-4080-1tb-ssd-black/6546241.p?skuId=6546241

Totals out to 3510.80 before taxes.

Reactions: 35below0

35below0

Notable
Jan 3, 2024
The Pop Air doesn't have a USB-C port. It's only weakness. There's a kit available separately from the Fractal Design website.

I would spend a lot more money on the case, but otherwise the build is top notch.
Maybe a Dark Base or Torrent. But a case is difficult to recommend because looks play a role.

The Pop Air doesn't have a USB-C port. It's only weakness. There's a kit available separately from the Fractal Design website.

I would spend a lot more money on the case, but otherwise the build is top notch.
Maybe a Dark Base or Torrent. But a case is difficult to recommend because looks play a role.
I used that case because its really good airflow, and for 60 dollars from a name brand? No brainer in my book.

35below0

Notable
Jan 3, 2024
that Pop Air is small,
lacks much fan/radiator placement options,
lacks any modular aspects at all,
aesthetically is very boring,..etc

i'd say it fits right into it's price range with nothing gained as a money saver.
Phantex XT Pro is also small. Lots of cases are small. Small is actually a benefit as long as it fits at least mATX and an ATX PSU.
It has all the fan placement options it needs. As for radiators, it could be better but it's a budget case, not a liquid cooling monster. So here it's exactly in it's price range.
What modular aspects would it need? Fractal sells other cases that do fit this requirement.
Beauty is in the eye of whoever foots the bill.

It does have the benefit of coming from a reputable case maker. Every Fractal is nice to work with, though the budget-y ones are a little cramped. Sometimes even expensive cases (*cough* North) lack some QoL features like external cable hooks, or clips/hinges instead of thumbscrewes. I don't mind thumbscrewes actually but you know...

My only strike against the Pop is the lack of a USB-C port on the front panel, though it does have a placeholder for it, and a kit can be ordered from Fractal.

Reactions: helper800
So here it's exactly in it's price range.
exactly as I stated.
it is nothing special, and what one should expect for that cheap of a price.

but, someone who actually wants more space to expand with their builds wouldn't be looking at budget options like this.
like you stated, "I would spend a lot more money on the case".
and someone looking for the best cooling options wouldn't want to be limited to this type of build anyway.

since we really have no idea what the OP is looking to buy,
which actually sounds like a prebuilt by their wording,
there is no reason to limit options by price.
Fractal sells other cases that do fit this requirement.
no one is arguing against Fractal Design.
just the limits of this particular case.

my Vector RS is very nice and actually has great airflow plus great cooling options because it isn't limited by a short front/top or a closed floor with extended PSU shroud.
Small is actually a benefit as long as it fits at least mATX and an ATX PSU.
maybe if you're looking to save space, build a midget system, or build some sort of office/media center system.

but looking to build a higher performance gaming system; the more space for a GPU, CPU cooler and the more space for other superior cooling options the better.

Apr 25, 2024
there are hundreds of higher quality options available and that stock is always evolving.

you will need to include your budget and the exact time frame you plan on purchasing
the type of performance, and in what specific games, you are looking for
and for laptops; the screen size & resolution you are looking for
later when 5090 releases i need pc for esport games also for 4k high end games
laptop screen is more than 15 or 16 inch and resolution upper than 1440p and i need gaming laptop for android esport games and some high end pc games . prize for this --- i need pc for more gaming , editing and laptop between high end and mid

Last edited: