Question Wifi repeater with USB port.

May 10, 2024
My 16 year old Apple Airport Extreme finally bit the dust. I was using it as wifi repeater with hardrive connected as a small network storage device as we have a faster router but it has no USB port. Does anyone know of a wifi repeater that has a USB port so I could continue using my current setup? Some routers can be used as a repeater and have a USB port but that seems like overkill but it is hard to find one that can be used as a repeater. Thanks for any help.

I am going to bet the router is going to the be cheapest option. Most very cheap repeaters only do the single repeater function, some do not even have ethernet ports.

Now days it is actually fairly common to find a router that can run as a repeater. Now you just have to find one that can run as a repeater and has a USB disk option.

I tend to avoid using any kind of repeater so I do not stay current on features.

May 10, 2024
Thanks for the response, I see online a number of methods in theory of getting a router to work as a repeater so will try to find something that might work for me. I am trying to keep my costs down of course or I might as well just go for a small NAS. It’s mainly a convenience to have file access to other computer in the house and not critical. Thanks.