Question Will GTX 1050 Ti run on H61M-s1 motherboard?

May 11, 2024
I have an Asus Gtx 1050 ti 4gb
8gb ram
H61M-s1 motherboard
When I turn on the computer it just shows the Bios image, the keyboard doesn't respond, can you help me what's wrong?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

I have a question, should the driver be downloaded when installing the video card or after?

You buy the new card, turn off the PC, put it in and then turn On the PC.
If no issues are present, Windows should load and install a basic graphic driver.
Then you can go to nvidia website (or AMD if you get one of those) and donwload the driver from there.
Install the new driver you just downloaded, reboot the PC and done.

Your i5 3470 should have a basic internal gpu (igpu), so basically, you turn off the PC, removed new GPU (GTX 1050), plug the monitor cable back to the motherboard video port, and its not working either?

You need to give more in deepth detail if you want us to help you. Like:
- Did the PC ever worked in the first place, did it work with another discrete GPU?
- Where did you got the new card from?
- Is the new card new or second hand?
- etc....

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024
Same model motherboards have several revisions. They are slightly different. When looking for a very old GPU, you sometimes need luck to buy a compatible one.

On paper, the H61M-s1 is compatible with a 1050Ti
But not every 1050Ti is guaranteed to work.

Drivers are installed after the GPU is installed.

May 11, 2024
I bought a used GTX 1050 Ti, I tested it on the spot when I bought it, when I put it in my computer, it just shows the Bios image and then turns off, at this time the keyboard lights up, but when I press F12, it does not respond.

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024
I bought a used GTX 1050 Ti, I tested it on the spot when I bought it, when I put it in my computer, it just shows the Bios image and then turns off, at this time the keyboard lights up, but when I press F12, it does not respond.
What do you mean you tested it on the spot? In someone else's computer?
The GPU is probably ok, but it isn't compatible with your hardware, even though it should be.

I've had that happen to me. Old GPUs for older computers are a lottery.