Question Will NZXT Kraken Elite 360 adequately cool a TR5/SP6 socket CPU?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 18, 2024
I am considering switching from air-cooling to AIO for my AMD 7965WX. But I am wondering if it will fit properly and adequately cool a CPU for the TR5/SP6 socket.

I have been looking at the NZXT Kraken Elite 360mm and am wondering if it will work with my CPU. The product description on their site says:
Compatible Socket & CPU: AMD Socket AM5, AM4, sTRX4*, TR4* (*Threadripper bracket not included) AMD Ryzen 9 / Ryzen 7 / Ryzen 5 / Ryzen 3 / Threadripper"
... but I can't find the "Threadripper bracket" listed anywhere on their site, and it only says TR4, not TR5.

Has anyone put these on a TR5 and have experience with effectiveness? Also, which mounting hardware do I need to get? (I'm using WRX90E-SAGE motherboard if that matters)

I am using it in a particularly high-heat environment with 2 RTX 4090s jammed in the case along with the CPU, so I really need to make sure it's providing max thermal performance.

Mar 18, 2024
The new Silverstone AIO has been officially announced so it's only a matter of time now for retail: https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/product/info/coolers/xe360_tr5/
Too late! I already ended up buying the Silverstone XE360-4677 and the TR5/SP6 mounting bracket from AlphaCool, and it's working great.

Even with all 24 cores maxed out AND both GPUs running at full 450W, it is never getting above 75-80C range. Temps during normal use are sub 50C all the time, and it’s very quiet. The only time it’s getting anywhere close to 80C is if I’m deliberately stress testing the hardware (and max operating temp for this CPU is 95C).

Thanks again to all of you for your guidance/suggestions. I feel like this has finally resolved all of my issues with cooling. 🥳