Question Windows 10 upgrade messed up my laptop (Booting problems) ?

Dec 11, 2023
Hello Community

After 6 months trying to solve the problem on my own, i finally reach out to you because I cannot find any solutions..
I have an ASUS Zenbook UX425EA Laptop
It worked perfectly fine until a Windows 10 mandatory upgrade which messed up everything..

1) After the update and reboot, i was back to Log in menu to input password and then, by doing so, laptop shut down ... since then, impossible to power it on again.. it cannot boot anymore.

2) I tried a Win 10 USB key to boot again & repair but it did not work ( cannot boot )

3) I am not sure it is hardware problem as i can enter the BIOS ( but not always, it is very random ) and everything works fine and is recognized by BIOS.

But initially i was not sure and assumed it was a hardware problem ( this laptop is fragile as it is very thin and may heat up quickly )
So I have changed the battery to start with but problem was the same.
Then I purchased a new motherboard as i thought it was still a hardware problem ..

But it was not hardware problem as the BIOS could identify all components working..

4) Based on that, i removed the SSD to delete everything and clone on another laptop with Windows10 installed . I assumed it would work and boot ..

5) But it did not .. I mention Fast boot is Disabled as well as Secure Boot .

6 ) The craziest is : after multiple attempts to boot, i could finally boot and reach log in menu ! but i could not log in as Win10 asked me to be connected online to authentify my microsoft account. Once connected to internet, everything shut down..and laptop does not boot anymore..

I am open minded with OS. I have tried to install Ubuntu with usb key but nothing works. laptop cannot boot..
I used a software to repair booting sequence, to reinstall UEFI file in the hardisk. no effect.

To conclude, this laptop behaves very randomly and odd..
I cannot identify the problem ..
Is there someone here that could help ?

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

2| Where did you source the installer for the OS? Did you recreate the installer to rule out a corrupt installer?

3| If the drive is recognized and works on another platform after a format and reinstall of the OS, then the issue is not the drive, rather the OS.

6| Does your laptop have BIOS updates pending?

You should try and inspect the internals of the laptop to see if the vents on the cooling system are clogged or blocked with dirt/debris.

Reactions: nbdja
Dec 11, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

2| Where did you source the installer for the OS? Did you recreate the installer to rule out a corrupt installer?

3| If the drive is recognized and works on another platform after a format and reinstall of the OS, then the issue is not the drive, rather the OS.

6| Does your laptop have BIOS updates pending?

You should try and inspect the internals of the laptop to see if the vents on the cooling system are clogged or blocked with dirt/debris.
Thanks for your message !!

2) I created twice an installer on same USB key. i used directly Microsoft website 1st time, and 2nd time a software that downloads from Microsoft. structure of usb key seems the same. it is recognized by an other computer if i plug in. Installer does not seem corrupted. but how would i know / see if corrupted ?

3) so far, i'd say it is more a software problem than hardware. I could enter BIOS again today and fan is about 4600 RPM, CPU's temperature is 48 Celsius degree and is stable. it seems OK..

6) not that I know. but i just checked. my BIOS version is from 2020. and there is a 2022 version ! so i just downloaded it from ASUS website to put it into an USB stick ( where there is Win10 installer. not sure if OK.. ) , hoping to upgrade BIOS directly from BIOS menu thanks EZ Flash3. but .. the USB stick is not recognized. only the SSD appears in booting priority sequence. if i use EZ Flash 3 utility, i cannot find the BIOS update file i sent .. not an easy game..

Dec 11, 2023
Ok new things happened...

6) I changed and used an other USB key which was empty, loaded BIOS file and plugged it when i was into BIOS, so i could find the BIOS file and update successfully the BIOS. now BIOS is up to date !

But it does not help much ..

If i boot laptop with Win10 installer, i have now a blue screen with an error code : 0xc0000225. I pressed F1 to reach the repair menu but it does not work ( laptop powers off) . if i try again with F8 ( to reach start menu ) nothing happen.

I tried F1 again and boot again. And now a new error message appears : 0xc000000e

It seems Microsoft created a patch named 2955163.. but how to apply it knowing i cannot log in into the Cloned Win10 ??

Dec 11, 2023
Happy New Year to the community

After many attempts, i could erase the SSD again. Installed a clean Win 10 with media Creation Tool + Usb.
The install worked 100% well. Computer rebooted and then .. black screen.. nothing works..

Anyone could help ?

Thanks in advance