Question Windows black screen with cursor after booting up

May 5, 2024
I have a desktop PC with Windows on an SSD working fine for over a year. Recently I installed an HDD and installed Ubuntu on it. After the instalation when I start the PC I get the option to choose which OS to boot. It worked fine for a few days, But today I started the PC, chose windows and left to do something else before logging in. Maybe windows thoght it was a good idea to make an update because the PC restarted on it's on. When I came back to the computer it was on the boot choice menu, I selected windows but something was wrong, it got back to boot choice menu, then I selected windows again and it showed a weird message. Since it was unusual, I forced shutdown hopping things would get back to normal.

Now when I start up the PC and chose Ubuntu, it works fine. But when I chose Windows, it gets stuck on a black screen. If I move the mouse, I get a cursor working. I tryed Ctrl-Alt-Delete but nothing happens. If I press Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B , the cursor blicks ans resets to the middle of the screen.

Does anyone know something I should try in order to fix it? Maybe a way to fix corrupted system files from the bios?