Actiontec

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Actiontec.
  1. D

    Protected tracks won't play on WMP 11

    Hello, Suddenly all 350 'protected' tracks on my media Player 11 stopped playing, even tho' they all played okay until just recently. Tried to burn one to a cd and message read: 'W.M.P not installed properly. Reinstall Player.' Those tracks 'not protected' all play okay. Should I reinstall...
  2. P

    Typing restricted in search area

    Hello there, i have a problem in typing in the google search bar. I am unable to type in the search area provided in google, the cursor is not appearing only arrow is appearing when i start typing. Even i am unable to select some of the options. It seems typing in search area is locked. Please...
  3. S

    Win XP freezes or restarts when downloading files

    I have a P4 1.7 Ghz. Gigabyte GA-8SR533P mobo, 256 PC 2100 DDR, Geforce FX 5200 AGP 128 Mb video, onboard sound, and a linksys wmp11 wireless network adapter. and 20Gb HD. I just bought this computer cheaply for a friend's christmas gift. Installed Win XP, then installed drivers for all...
  4. D

    How to tell XP I have increased physical memory

    I have replaced 2 x 256MB with 2 x 1GB cards but WinXP still insists I have 512MB physical memory and uses 2GB virtual memory on the hard disk - how do I tell it different? Thanks for advice
  5. G

    Remote connection

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I am trying to connect to my other computer at my office. I am new with WinXP. My home office is WinXp Pro and work is WinXP Home. The message I receive is "Remote Assistance connection could not be established...
  6. L

    Cannot connect to the interwebs

    I was given an old Dell Dimension 8100 computer the other day, and it was pretty filled with junk, so I decided to install a copy of windows xp I had lying around and I've ran into a bit of an issue, I don't have CDs that came with the computer originally, and I've been to manufacturer's...
  7. K

    What does run time error or pathfile ecess error means

    Hi, Everytime I turn my computer on there is a box open that says 'Run time error '75' Path/File access error' Everytme I click ok or x for it to go away it pops back up. Any ideas what this means and how I can get rid of it?
  8. G

    running downloaded software

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) I'm not able to run newly downloaded programs that interact with other servers on the net, i.e. googletalk, games etc. I have no problems with downloading and running programs that do not include connecting to a...
  9. T

    When i take my computer out of standby my router drops out

    My wideband cable goes to my modem the output of my modem goes to my netgear router and my router goes to my computer. iIf i have my computer in the standby mode as soon as i take it out of standby the router drops out. Does anyone know what might cause this
  10. G

    recursive infinite directory can't delete it

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I have winXP with fat32, I was doing some test with jboss and jbuilder, and when i am trying to delete a tmp folder windows says that it can't be deleted, the specified file does not exist. Here is the problem it is...
  11. 7

    Show File Size in Findows Explorer

    I have a "Music" folder. Beneath that folder are all of my music folders. Assume e:\Music\The Beatles\((and then all the Beatles Albums). If I navigate to e:\Music, I can add Size as a column. I can also go to Tools, Folder Options, View, and select All Folders to make them display the same...
  12. G

    Baffled

    Hello,My computer has decided not to recognise any software discs. but my lap top accepts them. Is there anyone out who can supply me with an idiot guide to help me resolve this problem
  13. R

    access cameras remotely

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I have a business in Kent and I am trying to figure out how I can access the camera system from home? is there a program I need to buy or can I do this through XP Pro? what is your suggestions?? thank you.
  14. D

    Re Error 1311

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Thank you Wesley Vogal and Plato The following did the trick.Everything working OK Thanks David
  15. G

    Sharing an Internet Connection

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Hi, i want to share a broadband internet connection between 2 computers. One is aready connected. what is the cheapest way to share the internet connection?
  16. S

    Mising icons

    if i right click on DESKTOP nothing happens ?
  17. K

    XP- Unknow Hard Error

    Hi, iam having a issue with my Supermicro H8DA8 mainboard. Specs: Win XP Pro SP3 (all latest updates installed) 2X AMD Opteron 246HE 4x GB ram Seagate 80GB System Drive (C:) IDE 3ware AMCC 9500-8 SATA -4x500GB WD Green SATA disks NEC DVD-RW ND-3550A IDE Disk have all been checked for bad...
  18. R

    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Driver for Windows XP

    recently i got a ASus K42DR lappi, but the ptoblem is the CD provided is for win 7, i wish to use xp the cd does not support xp drivers for running XP, can anyone help me please :??:
  19. G

    Xp Installation Problems

    I recently installed XP Pro which did not install or have drivers for ethernet, audio, etc. I downloaded IBM driver for ethernet diver on flash drive and completed installation wizard with no success. The XP version is for a Dell computer which I installed successfully. I cannot get on internet...
  20. G

    Simcity problems with xp compatibility

    Hello,i have already corectly installed my simcity4 to my windows xp but the problem is when i open the app to play ,theres an error says my operating system does not compatible to the game
  21. G

    Long delay BEFORE printing

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) i'm using xp home edition sp2 and an epson photo R800. The problem is, when I print a document or photo, I sometimes have to wait upto a couple of hours for it to print. I have changed the print priority to 99 but still...
  22. L

    Windows XP Pro x32

    Is it possible run a 64-bit board and processor with Microsoft Windows XP Pro 32 bit as your operating system?
  23. G

    Access to Second Hard Drive

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I've had a new hard drive installed which is working without any problems. My old hard drive has been fitted into my new(er) computer but I can't access the files that I left on it except for the Windows system and program...
  24. G

    Error Message XP Boot Disc

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Upon starting my computer (Compaq Presario 700 series Laptop) XP will not start; I get an error message saying (NTLDR is missing). I am trying to reinstall my Windows XP Home Edition via the boot discs. As I insert the...
  25. B

    Remove computer from my network places.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) We have some outside vendors that have plugged into the network. They have left but when you go into My Netwotk places there workgroups still show up. How can I remove these. I thought it would refresh automatically. I...
  26. P

    Need help choosing an LCD for tomorrow.

    Hello Everyone, I've been looking around for the most bang for the buck widescreen LCD I can buy, and after shopping around I've narrowed it down to two different ones. My questions are 1) Is it worth spending the extra money for the Samsung? 2) is the resolution of the Samsung more likely to...
  27. Z

    Anyone know any tricks for inducing dead pixels?

    Two have appeared just an inch below the exact center of my screen, and since they are the lit kind, they are driving me nuts. I'm afraid that since they are only 2, even though they could not be in a worse position, that sony will not grant me a replacement (I'm under warranty). Are there any...
  28. G

    error when printing: resolution not supported (XEROX Phase..

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I had to recreate the print queues on Windows 2000 Servers for a phaser 8200DP Xerox printer. When trying to print a document from Access, I get the error resolution not supported. Other documents, including graphics work fine. Scott
  29. G

    20D : USA based website giving indicative street prices

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?) I'm doing a round the world trip starting in April. I'm based in Australia, and will be visiting Hawaii, several nice places in the USA, then Europe. I intend to buy a new Canon 20D either before or during this trip. :o) If I buy it before I...
  30. K

    Retrieving photos

    How can I retrieve photos from my Kodak easy share disk?
  31. G

    Windows xp home ed key

    Hello, I need to validate my xp home edition for my girls and dont have a product key. Can anyone please help? Thankyou
  32. G

    Hotmail

    Hello, I cannot remember my password or security answer i need to check my email
  33. G

    Changing the c:program files default

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Does anyone know if it is possible to change the default c:\program files location? My c drive is getting full and I would like for programs to default install to my new d drive, that is mostly empty. I found the...
  34. J

    help needed outlook express

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) For whatever reason my outlook express will not let me delete old e-mail. Just started this afternoon. Any advise?
  35. Y

    Xp2 key

    Hello, i want xp2 serial key
  36. R

    Pl advice the proceedure to install the volume control

    Sir, when i pressed the volume control it is not opening but a message stating that"There are no active mixer devices available.To install mixer device,go to control panel, click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware. When i opened panel control to click printera and other...
  37. O

    I5 3800 OC attempt

    Hey everyone! Thanks for the those that responded to my Turbo question in the other thread! So due to supporting an overnight outtage (PBX/Telecomm engineer) I have had a lot of free time and done some reading which has gotten me to the point that i think I have an idea on how to get to a...
  38. G

    installer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Bonjour je desire installer ma carte 3d. Ou puis je retrouver linstallateur. Ma carte 3 d est ati rage pro
  39. G

    Packard bell Easynote R202 recovery disk download

    I had lost the recovery CD of my Packard Bell Easynote R202, which had Window XP home edition. What should I do now, should I purchase another Win Xp cd to install the correct window version
  40. G

    Old audio card in ISA slot doesn't work

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) It works fine in WIN98 SE but not in newly installed XP. This card is a dinosaur and there's no info for it on google. Is there a way to use the 98 drivers in XP?