CGI

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with CGI.
  1. G

    registry edit

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I cannot use the writing tools in wordperfect office 12. I get an error message that says "internal error." I am told by Corel that I need to edit the registry. When I follow their instructions and type in...
  2. G

    Xp won't partition all of my hard drive

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) When I use the XP cd partition and format my hard drive it won't partition the whole drive. I have a 20 gig Seagate Barricuda. My bios recognizes the drive correctly. I beleive XP sees the whole drive but it will only...
  3. J

    Automating Microsoft Client and File & Print Sharing Insta..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I am working with a large enterprise environment that needs to have the Microsoft Client and File & Print Sharing services installed on 15,000 plus machines running Win95, Win98, Win2K, and WinXP. Does anyone know if there...
  4. T

    P5GC-MX/1333 333Mhz Problem

    Hi, This is my first post so hopefully i'll do it all right :P Basically i just bought an E2160, an ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 and am using 2x512mb A-DATA DDR2 800 sticks for my second/lan computer. The P5GC-MX has got plastered all over it its capable of 333mhz, so i figured an e2160 with its 9x...
  5. R

    Free acer technical support

    Rateing computer - Running windows 7 -Aspite 7736z-4088 also have 1 gig of external memory. Note book never rated and currently showing 3.3. Keep getting error message-Cannot measure storage performance. Error: Failed to properly access. The parameter is in correct. Pluged in a 4 gig flash drive...
  6. G

    Running More Than One Anti-Spyware Program

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) Conventional wisdom is to not run two antivirus programs at the same time. Is the same true for anti-spyware programs? For example, I have Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite and Webroot Spy Sweeper, both of which...
  7. Y

    Why my screen wont reconize im useing the correct resolution

    i am in thr correct screen resolution however my computer will not reconize it why?
  8. G

    task bar

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) i cant work my task bar. i feel like a fool. i have changed the layout of the task bar on accident and now i cant get it back to where it was. please help me!
  9. D

    Install default mail server

    I keep getting "windows mail server not properly installed"
  10. G

    Is this parts going to work together

    I7 3770k, gtx 770, p8z77-v lx, 8gb ram, cx600w. Is this going to work together?
  11. K

    Umax Astra 5600 Scanner drivers win xp

    please send umax astra5600 driver software.
  12. G

    Tried to make slipstream win xp disc with sata drivers and STILL does not see HD

    Hello, Trying to do a fresh install of WINXP Pro 2002 SP1 on a 1.5 TB Seagate Sata HD attached to an Asus P4s800D-X MB. The existing OSintsall has become corrupt and was cloned via Seagate Tools from old IDE drive that the Sata replaced. The MB see the sata drive in BIOS and boots but when...
  13. G

    Case Fan Replacement in Dell Dimension XPS R400

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) How do I remove the old case fan in this machine? When I looked it looks like it's held in place by some plastic pegs. I don't know how to remove it without breaking those. Thanks. -- Mr. Rajendra Singh Note: Remove "NOSPAM" from...
  14. X

    What is your opinion on the cooler master 912 as a case?

    I was looking at some cases, and quite like this one. Does anyone know much about it? It is a High Air Flow case, however I am not sure if it really keeps parts cool, or whether this is just a marketing thing. Any thoughts? Are there any other cases with high air flow that you could recommend...
  15. S

    Mhz

    i want to increase my memory and the last time i looked it was 133mhz, but when i look in some price lists i see 400-500mhz. Is this high number of hz necessary or is there little difference between for example 333 and 400. And which one would you advice to me It's the beat that will not be denied
  16. R

    System build for home based buisiness

    Hey guys, this seems like a pretty good setup to me. Not looking for a gaming/real high performance system, just a fast computer for working at home. The only thing I'm slightly unsure about is the psu (is it enough), but I think it should be fine. What do you think? CD/DVD Drive...
  17. pjmoses

    Windows Security Essentials vs. Norton Internet Security

    I just downloaded updates which included Microsoft Security Essentials. I have Norton Internet Security that I bought and have on my 3 machines. My question is, does the new Microsoft software cover everything and make having 3rd party security non-essential? Do I need both? Should I...
  18. L

    Dual boot Windows 7

    Hi, Well basically i want to have Windows 7 twice on the same pc, so when i boot i choose which windows 7 i pick, basically when i reformatted i did 2 Partitions, 260gb and 40gb - then i just normally installed Windows 7 on the main 260gb partition, how can i now install another copy of windows...
  19. M

    Default download actions in IE8&Win7

    User at work pull excel spreadsheets fron incent website, on the website there is a view button, when the button is clicked you get the normal open/save prompt, from where he selected the default action to be open but now he wants the prompt back. I have a feeling that the answer should be so...
  20. S

    What laptop is better?

    Whats better? http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lenovo-g580-15-6-laptop-blue-17056544-pdt.html http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-g6-2230sa-15-6-laptop-ruby-red-17419991-pdt.html
  21. gtech346

    7970 Overclocking help

    I want to overclock my Radeon HD 7970 in CCC but don't know any stable Setups can Someone tell me what are good clock to play BF3 on Ultra setting with good FPS. write in this format please: Core Clock: Memory clock: And any other notes you have. Thanks,
  22. M

    AFTER IDLE WINDOWS 7 ICONS WONT OPEN PROGRAMS

    I HAVE WINDOWS 7 AS MY OPERATING SYSTEM. ABOUT A MONTH AGO I LET MY COMPUTER SIT IDLE FOR ABOUT AND HOUR AND I WASN'T ABLE TO RUN ANY PROGRAMS VIA ICONS ON THE DESKTOP. THE SYSTEM WOULD ONLY SHUT DOWN IF I HIT THE BUTTON. I HAVE GONE IN AND SET ALL SLEEP OR HIBERNATE OPTIONS TO "NEVER" AND HAVE...
  23. I

    Surround system budget £400-£500

    Hello, looking for an upgrade currently running the logitech z5500 as a home theatre set i know there mostly for a pc. but have a set of corsair sp2500s for the pc system... looking to get a good replacement for the z5500..with more mid range in the speakers... i cant realy have floor standing...
  24. G

    Disposable digital... what? why?

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?) I've never seen a disposable digital camera, and here's what I don't get about them; why are they disposable? With film, that's easy, because you have a use-once film that needs processing, but what's disposable about a digital camera, and...
  25. G

    Oly C-8080 monitor strange behavior

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?) A friend just bought an Oly C-8080. Everything worked ok, but the battery was not fully charged. As a result, the camera only ran for a short time while we were trying it out. We both have previous models of Oly digital cameras, and I...
  26. G

    Help with camera settings (Canon A510)

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?) What settings would be best when photographing ghosts?
  27. G

    Hp psc 2175 WONT PRINT MANUAL

    Hello,I CAN PRINT FROM WORKS AND EVERYTHING IS GOOD. I AM TRYING TO PRINT A MANUAL FROM THIS WEB SITE AND I GET NOTHING, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? gARY
  28. A

    Difficulty settings

    Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?) Just got the retail version of TDS. Had the demo installed before. Uninstalled before installing the full game. When I start the game, the only difficulty setting I can choose is "normal". Clicking the other settings does nothing...
  29. G

    How to fix a hardware issue on a acer laptop

    Hello,the os will not boot
  30. G

    How to track user login/logout through AD

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?) How can I track domain users logins and logouts with AD? I tried setting up the local login policy, but it didn't do what I was looking for. I'm trying to track a users login and logouts for time clock issues. Thanks!
  31. G

    USB port not recognized

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) After a clean win2000 installation the OS would not recognize the USB port (under device manager the USB icon would not appear) and therefore none of the USB mass storage devices I have can be used. These same devices have been...
  32. G

    What I'd like to know about the Doom3 movie

    Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?) Who's playing the nameless marine? Sargeant Kelly? Betruger and Swann? No, my friends, I care not for any of these things. What I'd like to know is if some poor actor would have to reprise the role of "Alpha Labs Edwards". You'd just know that...
  33. Y

    Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus scanner driver windows7

    I have updated from XP to Windows 7 but cannot download my Diamond 1200 disk because it is not compatible with 7. Any suggestions?
  34. T

    Fx 4170 or phenom ii x4 965

    Which processor is better for gaming and multitasking (like recording games with fraps)? I noticed this site listed the 4170 as the best gaming cpu in the 100-150 dollar price range, level with, if not better than the i3 2120 (the 965 wasn't even mentioned). Would you agree with this? Or are...
  35. G

    FS - Fun House Cabinet Decal Set $225

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) I think I paid $240 plus shipping for these about a year ago, I don't think I will use them so that I would offer them to someone who can. They are the updated sides with the dots around Rudys Face. Thanks Arnie
  36. R

    1920x1080 res not taking up whole monitor (tv)

    i could have sworn when i first booted up, the native resolution was taking up the whole tv, but now its not quite taking up the whole tv and has black on all 4 sides
  37. O

    Will my rig hold?

    Hi I am a computer noob and will be building a aming rig for the first time, and am wondering if you guys have any comments about it before I buy the parts: CPU+mobo: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 / i7-2700k GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC HDD/SSD: Seagate 2TB/Plextor 64GB Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB 1600 Cl9...
  38. S

    AMD Configuration

    Hi, Am planning to build a new system for the first time. Need to know if it is good. CPU :- AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 - AM3+ socket for future compatibility Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 Harddisk:- Western Digital - WD20EARX 2 TB RAM :- Kingston 4 GB x 2 (DDR3-1333) Graphics Card:- NVIDIA GeForce...
  39. J

    Windows activation loop bug XP Pro

    Hello, I am having trouble with keeping XP Pro. I can't log in. I tried a number of things but, I have the same problem as many have had. When I start up, I can't do anything. Can anybody help me? I will provide more details if needed. It say that I already am activated.
  40. K

    Do I need Win7 Pro or Ult, or will Hm Prem do...

    I have Win7 Hm Prem Ed 64bit installed now. I've run into 2 activities that indicate I may need Pro or Ult Ed instead so am thinking about using the MS Anytime Upgrade. 1) I want to use SSH (and the cert I generated on my hosting site) when connecting from MS Expression Web. Even in the...