Cortex

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Cortex.
  1. H

    Windows 7

    I upgraded my system to Windows 7 RC which includes IE8. From that moment, i can't open Firefox anymore . Can anybody help ?
  2. K

    Need desktops for business..

    Hey everyone my company want to order a few Dell. So im wondering which desktop do you guys think is more suitable for what we're looking for. We'll be mainly running Oracle on it. Not very heavily but still need a decent setup in order to it to run smoothly. I configured the Dell 5150C...
  3. C

    BSoD Windows 7 64 bit /w .dmp; Need debugging.

    Hey guys I'm looking for some help debugging a BSoD. I installed Windows 7 64 Bit on my neighbors computer and everything was running fine. After updating drivers and doing windows updates she got a BSoD with something about MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. The BSoD only seems to come up when the comp is...
  4. J

    HP L2000 Notebook - Sudden Power Off

    4 month HP L2000 (AMD ML-37, 1GB ram) notebook shuts-off when I run on AC with battery pack installed. If I remove the battery pack, it shuts-off less frequently. What could cause this? I am using Windows XP in the home/office power mode. Most of the time this notebook sits on a flat table with...
  5. G

    Windows 7 or Vista on new build

    With windows 7 being released next year, should I just download the beta for a build in august/sept. or go with vista? I've read some stuff on windows 7 RC through the forums and mags like maximum pc and it sounds like the beta is fairly impressive. Not sure about compatibility issues and...
  6. N

    XP Wireless setup wont let me enter long keys

    I'm trying to set up my home network to use WPA2. I'm setting up my Win XP SP3 laptop with an Intel wireless card (49xxAGN). I am trying to enter a WPA2 key of 10 characters (which I have already set up on the brand new Linksys router). When I enter the key into Windows Wireless Setup it...
  7. B

    A Problem on My Dell, Not With My Dell

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I purchased Stufit Software because a guy I deal with likes to use it and sends stuff to me compressed in that format. Not being totally aware of what it did I selected to option to do a normal install which included integration with MS...
  8. johnb0118

    Right-Click on Mycomputer problem

    Everytime i right-click on my computer i get the circle that indicates that its thinking and it always takes about 10-15 seconds. It didn't use to do this. I have defragged my drive, ran ccleaner, my anti virus, and malwarebytes and they all come up clean. Any thoughts as to why this is...
  9. G

    Do Dell systems come with a Windows XP CD?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I'm in the market for a laptop and I just found this newsgroup. Dell chat is not working at the present time so I'm looking for some help and advice around here. Does Dell furnish their systems with a Windows XP disk or do they use a...
  10. E

    Will an AMD FX6100 bottleneck a gtx770?

    I'm getting mixed answers. I have the cpu overclocked to a stable 4.2 ghz
  11. M

    CPU cooler for AMD fm2 chipset and a microATX board

    I was just wondering if there was a GOOD CPU cooler for a AMD fm2 chipset and a microATX board. I have been searching for one but can't seem to find any. If you know of any good ones or have found one please reply Thanks!
  12. P

    Question: Single Xeon CPU or Dual Xeon CPU's

    I am upgrading my 3D and video editing machine and I have to choose between either: • A single Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 2.70Ghz 30MB 1866 12C • Or two Intel Xeon E5-2687W 3.10Ghz 20MB 1600 8C I will be using the machine for creating 3D environments in 3D Studio Max and rendering them with Vray...
  13. G

    BIOS and Armada 7400

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?) What is the latest BIOS for the Armada 7400 (6366/T14/10.0/V/M/1)? For that matter, can the laptop's BIOS be upgraded? Thanks in advance e.
  14. G

    What kind of work am I getting myself into?

    Hi, I want to know what kind of knowledge is required to get a job involving computers, hardware, etc. I am half way through High School and knowing what I'm up against so I can prepare seems like a good idea. From what I've read, things like: CompTIA A+ Certification and troubleshooting...
  15. A

    Compaq Evo N800c Display

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?) Hello Everybody! I want to upgrade the TFT display of my laptop (currently 1024x768) to something like 1400x1200 or 1600x1400. I don't want to ask compaq for the part, as it is too expensive, but, does anybody know who manufactures...
  16. J

    [SOLVED] Auto loading program mac

    Still no joy! No matter what I do - the programs open. They do not appear in the Accounts area as options to delete from the opening routine
  17. P

    Good time to buy AMD ?

    I am planning to buy an AMD cpu and board. Below is the candidate, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.236878 This is within my price range, $200 - $250 for cpu & board. I am a frugal dude. My question is, will there be a better deal soon? I have heard that Intel...
  18. A

    Scanjet 5200C Manual

    Thanks to this forum I am now typing on my first homebuild computer. I have an old barely used scanner laying around. Some of the hardware may be missing. I am not sure how to set it up. I checked out the HP website. They no longer support it. Anyone familiar with this scanner? What would...
  19. G

    Epson 8 tank printer at best buy.

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I saw an awesome printer today at Best Buy. It was an epson 8 tank, 13 X 19 -?? wide format. I was jealous over my current printer. but, technology keeps leap frogging, so no need to be too jealous! Anyway, I apologize that I did not...