Cross Platform

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Cross Platform.
  1. K

    AMD RAIDXpert Going Offline

    Hey everyone, I've been having a problem with my Raid array. I'm using an ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 on Windows 8.1 with Two Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb HDD's in Raid 0 and Two 60gb SSD's for my OS. The problem occurs when I start my computer and it goes to the Desktop. Sometimes I get an...
  2. H

    Random grey screen. Is it my graphics card?

    I recently did a full cleaning of my desktop before installing a new graphics card: Radeon 6870. I was coming from a Nvidia 88000 GT. After installing I noticed at random times the screen would go completely grey with darker grey horizontal lines. I thought maybe the drivers were an issue so I...
  3. W

    Computer freezes during Boot, and during Windows 7 Install.

    Hi I when I went over to my desktop after getting up this morning I found that it didn't react to me moving the mouse, and the screen stayed black even when I turned it on. I turned it off, then back on. It froze during the windows boot screen (black screen + logo ) It kept doing that. Tried...
  4. F

    Have got windows 8 but cannot connect to my wireless connection

    I have just bought a new desktop pc with windows 8. I have also bougt a Netgear WNA3100 wireless usb adapter. I cannot connect to my wireless network and keep getting error 651. Can anybody help or suggest a wireless usb adapter that will work with windows 8 please.
  5. G

    Just downloaded loads of stuff from TJ's and...

    Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?) I get the following problems, anybody know how I can fix them... As soon the game menu screen comes up I get the following message, but the game does not crash... No Entry 'config.bin/cfgweaponsJam_M79' Any ideas?
  6. V

    Gloosy Finish Monitors

    My father is looking to buy a new Monitor his current Acer one is on the Fritz. He is looking for a monitor with a Glossy finish, and yes we all understand reflections but that is not a problem. The problem is I can only find one its the HP 2310m and it is a little over his budget, looking to...
  7. mcain591

    Has anyone heard news of NEC coming out with new monitors?

    I'm going to be looking into buying a 24inch 1920x1200 lcd. Currently, I have an NEC 1970GX, and am addicted to the glossy coat! My first choice would be the Dell 24inch (can plug my xbox360 into it as well 8) ), but I would really like an NEC. Anyone heard anything?
  8. G

    Dirver for Declaser 5100

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Can anyone tell me where to find Win 98 drivers for the DecLaser 5100? I've searched the usual sites with no luck. Thanks, Jim Dawson
  9. G

    printer purchase n refunds : Ethics

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I need a printer desperately, and am moving soon to a new place. If I buy a huge printer, i wud have to move it which i dont want to do. Is it ethical to buy a printer from BestBuy or CC or CompUSA, use it for my current printing...
  10. C

    How I can quit the windows password for laptop lenovo g550

    hi forget the password boot the laptop, told me to take the battery is removed, but I opened the back and we could stack, could you please help me? When I shut on the laptop need write the passw, and if I put ESC the same to go to windows Tha laptop has windows xp Sorry I can write a little...
  11. R

    Chicony cpb09-001b replacement

    Hello, I need to change the PSU for a higher power one (mine is 350W), I'm thinking of 650 watts. but I'm confused on what type should I buy. I'm using a GTS 240 I7 processor on a XPS8000. Should it be ATX 20 pin or EPS 24 pin ?? PS: My computer hangs up and/or freezes when playing games...
  12. O

    Clive Baker's Undying??

    was wondering...how did any of u guys find this game?? spooky..eh..??
  13. C

    Xenogears for PSX

    I just bought that game on ebay for a pretty good deal, and I was just wondering if any of you had played it and what you thought about it? "Hey!! Who's that hiding behind the bush??!...Well Wingding of course!"
  14. Rawhide15

    Which one?

    I am in a fight with my frieind about this and it needs some resolving. He wants to get an Nvidia GTX 580. Yet his mobo supports SLI so I told him to either get 2 570s because that would over power the 580 easily or get 2 560s which are still good. What do you think?
  15. K

    How would I place in my PSU?

    Well I recently bought this power supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095 and I was wondering, which way would I put it in? With the fan facing up towards the motherboard, or facing down towards the little vent in my case (which will end up facing the floor)...
  16. JMcEntegart

    Businesses Won't Deploy Win7 Until 2011

    Survey data has revealed that an overwhelming percentage of businesses will not be embracing Windows 7 in the next year. Businesses Won't Deploy Win7 Until 2011 : Read more
  17. R

    Extremely High autoselected voltage! Help needed

    _This is my work PC_ CPU - P4 Northwood 2.4 Mhz with 512 cache - non-overclocked! MB - IBM i845 The problem is that I noticed tht my PC is periodicaly restarting and this has got worse - stoped entering windows at al - not even in safe mode -it restarts. This is not constant behaviour. Right...