Dialup

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Dialup.
  1. C

    win 2000--

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?) Missing 'msi.data1' and 'msconfig'. Need advice.
  2. zcosmin

    Dual channel ram or quad channel ram 2 quick questions

    and also it doesn't matter if its more expensive to get quad channel
  3. G

    Corrupt "System" file in CONFIG directory

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) A bad sector wiped out the System file (and its backup) in the WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG directory. I can only access my system using some IBM Thinkpad diagnostics (which provides access to the drives via DOS). - Is this file...
  4. M

    Cannot boot in windows

    last night i was tranfering a movie from my laptop to my pen drive and towards the end it hard froze (mouse not moving) so i hard off (hold power button) when i rebooted i thought i should reformat the pen drive and give it another try. towards the end of the reformation it froze AGAIN... so...
  5. C

    booting

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) today i had to unistall driver for scanner. when i tried to reboot computer i received the following error message. Microsoft Workgroups ODI/NDIS3 Mapper Version 2.0 ERROR: cannot find LSL ODI/NDIS3 Mapper...
  6. Y

    Ram Usage

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?) is there a program that will show ram usage on programs that are running? win95b thanks in advance? ------------------------- Remove NO SPAM to Reply! Add yar where NO SPAM was!
  7. A

    IE- getting rid of those annoying "customizations"

    Hello all! I have a question about Internet Explorer 6.0 (although it happens on other versions). You know how, when you get IE from a source other than MS, like AOL, it changes the title banner to say something like "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by America Online", and the standard...
  8. F

    Free upgrade on american greetings createacard

    Hello, I have american greetings creatacard gold5, but I had my computer upgrade from windows me to windows 7. When I click on to the card I want to make, a little box comes up saying "creating for first time use" I had this program for a long time, will it not work on windows 7?
  9. C

    IE will go to any website but microsoft com

    In a new xp pro install, with SP1, 2, and 3 installed from CD, ie will go to any website but microsoft com. It shows "The page cannot be displayed" I went to yahoo.com and downloaded their version of IE8 and it went fine, but I still can visit any site but one with microsoft.com in it. I haven't...
  10. O

    Phoenix sound driver for xp

    how can we download for free phoenix sound driver for our p4 desktop computer?
  11. R

    SharePoint: Editing local docs in a workspace dynamically

    This might be a FAQ, but basic functionality is eluding me. I’ve gone through the O’Reilly SharePoint book and a couple of website tutorials, so I believe I am following the proper steps here. Issue: I have a workspace created with the intention of having a document able to be modified...
  12. G

    SCUBA!

    Scuba - You could easily become my new best friend. I just read you fix editing machines...and guess what, I have one that needs fixing. My regular one works great. It's an Asus A7A266, 512DDR, couple 60GB IBM's, etc. I use firewire on it and it's been a real stable work horse. I just built...
  13. W

    Primax colorado direct 9600 drivers for xp

    i have a primax colorato direct 9600 scanner and im trying to locat the driver pack to install on windows xp. could you help me?
  14. C

    Very strange device manager entry

    Hello, In the device manager under "Storage controllers" I have a strange entry marked with exclamation. I don't remember having any items marked with exclamation in the device manager before. Right now it says "AKTGJNNI IDE Controller", when I go to Properties to see driver details, it says...
  15. D

    Why usb is faster than serial port

    why usb is faster than serial port?
  16. G

    Error: 0x80240020 for Windows Updates

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I removed a bunch of spyware from this computer. I attempted to download and install the Window's Genuine update but after it downloads it says it failed to install. I checked the Window's Update log and the...
  17. M

    DO YOU HAVE LINUX?

    Do you have Linux? If so, please reply and post some comments about it such as...why you chose it over Windows. "Beware of computer programmers that carry screwdrivers."
  18. J

    Laptop temperatures: 70-90.. ugh

    WIth a load I commonly see 80-90 degrees celcius on my Dell Studio 1558.. this can't be normal? I think this is probably why I keep getting throttled. Happened on all dell laptops I've had
  19. D

    Removed

    my acer recovery management was removed by accident from my lap top,how do i get it back. need your support. thank you .
  20. N

    Overclocking Gateway Intel pentium III

    I've never overclocked a computer before, for starters. Here is my computer info:
  21. D

    Having internet connection while hibernating

    Hello, I wanted to run a application while in hibernation mode but whenever i run my laptop in hibernation mode, it loses internet connection and my application does not work. Im running on XP home edition SP3. Im using ethernet cable and i already enabled the ethernet adapter to run as usual in...
  22. G

    How do i boot from cd on to dell inspiron 2500

    Hello, how do i boot an operating system from cd on to dell inspiron 2500
  23. V

    URGENT- Need help saving XP. Looking for system restores .exe location

    Ok firstly sorry if this is in the wrong place or if I shouldn't have had caps in the title but I seem to have been hit by a very strange virus that has completely crippled my laptop. Effectively every single file or program on the computer (literally) has begun displaying the error message...
  24. D

    Themes

    Not sure where to post this. I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with personal windows 7 themes like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs6u68NziNI&feature=related If so, does anyone one of any themes like this support triple monitors? I've searched everywhere and can't find one. Thanks.
  25. nin-ha

    5.1 Subwoofer and Center mixing

    Hey guys, I just got a dedicated subwoofer today (by dedicated I mean one meant to go into a receiver for a home theater) and I'm trying to set it up as part of my 5.1 set up for my computer. My set up is actually kind of ghetto in a sense. I have two, two piece speakers that are probably meant...
  26. Marcus Yam

    Deals for April 28: Touchscreen GPS for $49.99

    Check out our deals of the day! Deals for April 28: Touchscreen GPS for $49.99 : Read more
  27. exfileme

    Bluetooth 4.0 Specifications Unveiled

    The new Bluetooth specs promise a better range, and low energy consumption that can pull from small coin-cell batteries. Bluetooth 4.0 Specifications Unveiled : Read more
  28. exfileme

    Super Talent Does USB 3.0 Flash Drive w/ RAID

    Super Talent has shipped its new USB 3.0 RAIDDrive, a great way to add SuperSpeed storage with a bonus RAID Array. Super Talent Does USB 3.0 Flash Drive w/ RAID : Read more
  29. F

    Zboard drivers

    anyone got a link to working drivers for z board?
  30. S

    IMAC and Windows 7 - adjusting volume?

    Hi all, I am using an imac as my main windows 7 PC with a G15 keyboard and mouse. My main desktop blew up so I will use my wife's imac to save some money before getting a new box. Win7 on the imac has been fine, in fact its been performing better than I expected. But one thing does annoy me...
  31. G

    TI CEO: Ultra-low-cost handset costs to edge down to $15

    The buoyant ultra-low-cost handset market has spurred keen competition among chipmakers, which are developing lower cost solutions to meet vast demand TI CEO: Ultra-low-cost handset costs to edge down to $15 : Read more
  32. G

    Critical flaw exposes OS X users

    A new critical threat to Apple's OS X operating system has surfaced that could allow attackers to compromise a system without any user interaction. Critical flaw exposes OS X users : Read more
  33. C

    Hardware

    My laptops (Vistro 3300) keypad certainly come out while cleaning the key is ''backspace'' noe what can I do for that..
  34. J

    How do I remove custom keyboard shortcuts?

    whenever i press " L " i get " jkl;\ " or " fsda12-3 " and whenever i press " o " i get " uiopweqr " and the " . " gives me "m,.\XCZ " how do i stop this? lturner2000@hotmail.com
  35. G

    The $500 Gaming Machine, 2007 Edition

    Last year we assembled an entry-level gaming PC for around $500. It did the job well. Our new machine, with AMD and Intel CPU options, doubles the performance of its predecessor. The $500 Gaming Machine, 2007 Edition : Read more
  36. D

    Trackpad not working

    i need to download a driver that works the track pad, my stopped working
  37. G

    For Sempron and Athlon XP: Soyo KT880 Dragon 2

    Socket A is not dead, not even close - Soyo offers a board boasting premier features, as well as a VIA KT880 chipset, and it supports Athlon XP and Sempron processors. For Sempron and Athlon XP: Soyo KT880 Dragon 2 : Read more
  38. G

    The Movies: Stunts & Effects

    Possibly, just possibly, somebody didn't quite think the title of this Movies expansion through. Sure it's rather quite curt and to the point, the expansion adding stunts and new effects to the Lionhead movie making game, but it just doesn't seem... prete The Movies: Stunts & Effects : Read more
  39. G

    Image Preview: Tabula Rasa

    Tabula Rasa, the new MMORPG from NCSoft and Richard Garriott's company Destination Games, pits humans and the Allied Free Sentients (AFS) against the Bane. Image Preview: Tabula Rasa : Read more
  40. I

    DVD DRIVER NOT WORKING

    Hi , I am Having Dell Inspiron 4050 laptop , bt after I have done formatting my CD/DVD Driver is not working and Not able to read any cd or dvd .. So < could you sort out this problem ..