Firewire

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Firewire.
  1. S

    wi-fi card compatibility

    I am building a PC and just received my Wi-Fi card. It says it supports windows 7. Will my card still work with windows 8. The card is a Wireless IEEE802.I 32-bit PCI adapter.
  2. NormH

    Kaveri APU in jan 2014

    is it true that the Kaveri APU's in 2014 like the A10-7850k will have 4 cores and 8 threads like the i-series intels? and i also heard that they will have igpu's to compete with the hd7850. can anyone confirm this? if so im going to build my son an a10 light gaming pc soon :)
  3. B

    Upgrading a Dynamic HDD to SSD

    I have a laptop that came with Windows 7 and I upgraded recently to Windows 8. The laptop has a dynamic HDD. I am trying to upgrade to a SSD, but no matter what I do, the various cloning software either doesn't work with the SSD, or Windows doesn't like that I have the upgrade only version of...
  4. E

    is my psu enogh for gtx 760 ?

    hello guyz! first time posting here! recently iam in the market to buy a new graphic card that is ASUS gtx 760 . as stated it requires 500w , and my psu is coolermaster thunder 500w so i wnated to make sure that can my psu can power 760? i choose asus gtx 760 because it rquires single 8 pin...
  5. P

    What motherboard is right for my build?

    Please help, I'm a major noob. I need to choose a motherboard for my first build. I intend to use the pc for gaming, as much as it will handle. I'm pretty poor so money is tight. I have the following parts: - Coolermaster elite 430 Case with 500w PSU - super writemaster dvd drive - AMD A8...
  6. P

    gt630 is it enough

    Is Forsa NVIDIA GT630 1 GB SDDR3 Graphics Card good for gaming. I have 1366x766 resolution led monitor,Intel DB75EN MOBO, i3 3210 Processor, 4gb RAM(1600MHZ). My Budget is Below ind RS 4000. I Want to Play the following Games : GTA IV COD Black OPS Mortal Kombat and Some Good Games. PLZ Help......
  7. K

    Mini ITX $850 CAD need an overview before I buy

    This will be my first PC build. I'm a bit worried and almost thinking of going to cyberpower but to ship to Canada an $800 PC will come to $1000. So I decided to build one. I'm going with the mini itx because I move around a lot and want to bring it with me. So how good is this build? Anyway to...
  8. D

    Which isp gives the lowest average ping (ms)?

    I currently have the 100mb/s package on virgin media but it's terrible, it always cuts out and I get constant ping spikes, have asked virgin to fix it but they always have an excuse. This weekend the internet has gone down about 10-15 times for 5-10 mins each time which is terrible considering...
  9. DarkDubzs

    Why does Speedtest say i am getting a ~7 Mbps, but i am getting peak download speeds of ~1 MB/s?

    So i ran a speedtest test and it said i got 7.68 Mbps, but i usually get a little around 1 MBps max download speed? I assume Mbps is Megabits and MBps is Megabytes and they are very different in rates? Is that why there is such a difference?
  10. CooLWoLF

    AMD 7950 not using 100% gpu in BF4

    My buddy is having issues with his 7950 fluctuating its gpu usage in Battlefield 4 from anywhere between 55% - 100%, but never consistently staying around 100% like it should. The 7950 is currently oc'd to 1100 core and 1450 memory. His other specs are an Asus m5a99x motherboard, an FX8350 oc'd...
  11. M

    Touchpad not working

    Hello, I have a dell d600 laptop that I installed the linux/ubuntu o/s on a blank hard drive. It works great accept I can't get my touchpad mouse to work nor do I have the option to select it in the systems, hardware menu? Can anyone help me?
  12. R

    Computer newbie - Building a new PC

    Hello, Not a complete techie, but have done my research. I'm looking to have a computer built for gaming purposes (mostly) and nothing else. I want to be able to play most FPS, RPG games; and for it to last for the next 5 years, so potentially for 3D gaming too. It's a toss between: - AMD...
  13. T

    Which motherboard for the i5 750?

    hey, im contemplating an i5 750 build and im after some advice on which motherboard to grab. im after a fast computer for music production. i dont need SLI. i would like to spend under $200 for the board. here are some options: GB P55-UD3 GB...
  14. C

    E6850 LGA775 Upgrade

    Hi, All, Looking for a little advice and insight here... I currently have an E6850 dual core CPU. I'm very happy with the performance of this CPU. It's served me well in the years that I've had it, and I mainly only do "gaming" with a product I help produce (OpenGL based). We are moving to...
  15. M

    Please help me with my memory setings

    I need help setting my timing and other settings manually on my p6x58d premium board (ASUS) and Wintec Ampx 3x2gb DDR3. I know the specs are 1.65v 1600 CL 8 but when I set it (to the best of my ability) I get BSOD on occasion. When I let it run at 1066 it is stable. I am thinking I am most...
  16. G

    why is Partition Magic making my computer not boot

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) Hi. For starters, I made a Drive Image backup of my boot partition, which I was able to restore, so everything is fine and my computer is OK. Now, why is it that whenever I try to do anything on...
  17. J

    Build me a computer please :D (thank you)

    Only a few things I "want" it to be able to do. A motherboard capable of upgrading processors from a P5 to P7 able to run multiple Office applications and sufficient memory to save Photo shop CS4/5 and movies graphics card capable of handling CS4/5 no price range really but lets just say 1300...
  18. mxsix

    About to puchase this i7 system

    ■CORSAIR Hydro H80 (CWCH80) High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler ■Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ■GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard ■CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V...
  19. E

    Which one is better for GTS250 or GTX 460

    hi im looking for a cheap PSU that is powerful enough to handle Inno3D GTS 250 or Palit GTX 460 Sonic 1GB DDR5. the website says that 450W 12V:24A is already enough for both GPU, except that GTX460 needs 2 power connectors lol. so i browsed on the pricelist of a store here and here are my...
  20. G

    How to recouple a P4 compaq branded motherboard that is refusing to startup

    :hello: i have a P4 compaq desktop and it has bee working for some years now but recently i moved travelled with it and it refused to come on. after which i used an XP OS on it. The system started the format but it dint complete the installation and gives me an error that there is a problem with...
  21. R

    Advice on SATA commpared to RAID

    I have an EPOX 89KA2+ m/b -which has SATA controllers and a HIGHPOINT RAID controller. For historical reasons the RAID has 4 MAXTOR IDE66 hard drives attached to it, set as RAID 0. One drive has failed ! What would be the speed comparison of putting in 1 new SATA drive to replace the array...
  22. crincler

    GPU of choice?

    Hey forum users this is my first thread ive made so please dont flame me if it one similar already exists :D Just looking for some good advice. Im currently in the process of upgrading my PC and have upgraded all exept my GPU(s). And am stuck on what to get. Ill mainly be using it for gaming so...
  23. G

    Optical drives

    Good evening/morning. I had an OS problem and had to wipe and reinstall XP SP3. My E: and F: drives no longer read any form of media- they are LiteOn IDE's that are only 3-4 mos old and worked fine until the shop worked on the machine yesterday. Device manager says they are recognized and fine-...
  24. ShadowVexx

    Problem With memory Being used

    So i have 2x2GB DDR3 in my computer. My computer was very slow so i looked in the task manager performance thing and it says that 2.16 GB of the RAM are being used. The only program i have running is Firefox and Kaspersky 2010. I have Windows Vista Professional SP1 and i was wondering if it is...
  25. mailpranshu

    New build around the i5-2500k

    Hi Guys, I am finally upgrading my computer. My old build was the following: Processor: AMD Athlon X2 5600+ Mo-Bo: Asus M2A-VM Ram: Transcend 4GB 800Mhz G Card: XFX 8600 Gt Cabinet: I-Ball work horse with in built PSU Monitor: Samsung 943NWX 19"(1440x900) I have decided to build my new rig...
  26. Bloch

    PCI Xpress x16 1.0 running 2.0 vid cards?

    Hello. I got an M61SME-S2 F9 gigabye mobo and i need to upgrade my video card and i found this new problem regarding "versions" according to gigabyte my mobo has a x16 1.0 PCI slot and the video card i want is an Nvidia 9800GTX which is made for 2.0 slots, the question is, can my mobo run it ...
  27. A

    pioneer 106s vs 106s/2

    i have a question about these drives. i was on auto-notify at newegg for the 106s/2 and last night i saw that they had the 106s. when i looked at their descriptions they were identical. i then went to pioneer's web site and went no where fast. i ended up ordering the 106s ($46). my question...
  28. G

    Slow reading speed

    I have this problem with teac 540E cd-rom, my DAE speed always top out at about 20X and data speed max at 23X and stay at that constant speed through out the 73min cd when testing with nero CDspeed. I have set my cd-rom as master drive on the promary IDE controller as my HD is on the different...
  29. T

    Best 120mm red LED case fan?

    (First time poster here, hopefully this is in the right place.) The title pretty much sums it up. I am looking to buy a few new case fans for my pc, which has been getting a bit warm. I am planning on buying 2 or 3 red LED 120mm fans. I have a couple in mind, but I am not really sure what one...
  30. C

    Is it my GA-P35-DS3L?

    So i bought a Gigabyte P35-DS3L and the E8400 from Newegg. Along with a Corsair 550VX PS and 2Gbs of Crucial Ballistix PC6400 mem, 320Gb 7200.10 seagate HD. Cooler master centurion 534 case and Artic silver cooling, 8500GT bla bla bla. Im relatively new to system builds but i feel i followed...
  31. melikepie

    How much power do i5s use when overclocked?

    If you have read one of my *takes a deep breath* interesting posts lately you would know I'm gonna get a nice and shiny Haswell i5 when it comes out. I'm looking to buy Crysis 3 then as well. I can't have anything bottlenecking my overclocked 7970 so I would need to overclock the CPU. I have...
  32. lazyboy947

    Antec Green Earthwatts 500watt?

    would the green earthwatts 500watt power supply be enough to power a 5850 toxic, with at the moment a athlon ii x2 240 eventually going to be a phenom ii x4 965 with 4gb ddr2, one hdd? Amd says the 5850 requires a 500 minimum and i know it'll be fine with the dual core, and i know a 430watt...
  33. S

    Why the 790gx?

    through a lot of posts on various forums I look at peoples recommendations for am2 boards and everyone points out a 790gx board. My query is, a gx board has onboard graphics. The 790fx chipset has done me good and I'm wondering is the gx better than the fx?
  34. R

    Enough power

    Good morning all I was just wondeering if 650 watts is a enough for my new rig here is what I have amd fx4170, evga gtx 560ti, gemin2 s524 c.p.u cooler 3-120mm case fans asus m5197evo pro g-skill sniper 8gb ram seagate 500gb, asus dvd burner etc. cougar solution af2 case p.su. is inwin 650 watt...
  35. R

    Can i set up 3 27 LG Led monitors with 1 diamond 7970

    I was wondering how to get 3 lg 27" led monitors with 1 Diamond hd 7970 radeon card. It seem I cant get a sure fire connection set up answer. Please help! :cry:
  36. O

    Dual 2560 x 1600 Monitor Questions

    I would like to run monitors in 2560X1600. Would this be possible and if so what video card would I need. Thanks
  37. T

    PC won't POST/beep, but things still are spinning...

    First, my PC: i7-920 LGA1366 Asus P6T (non-deluxe) 3x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333 kit GTX260 (Gigabyte brand, I think) Corsair HX620 power supply Windows 7 64-bit My problem: My computer has run in its current config for approx. 1.5 years. My computer was on overnight last night, and this morning I...
  38. J

    Running temp for i7 870 LGA1156 on P55A-UD3

    Hello:) Hello, I just upgraded my 4 yr old pc by installing i7 870 on GA-P55A-UD3 & using intel stock cpu cooler. The running temp varies=61*,58*,62*, 59* while on 80% load crunching Rosetta@home projects. IS THESE TEMPERATURE SAFE? If these is OK, I will not buy an expensive cpu cooler. Tight...
  39. imannotu

    Ram latency in american megatrends bios

    hello, I have a HP Pavilion a6245n: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodinfoCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3577457 With motherboard: IPIBL-LA/Berkeley-GL8E http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01077641&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3577457 I also have...
  40. G

    holographic soundstage?

    Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?) What is the cause of the holographic soundstage? The push of amplifier power, the positioning of speakers in a small room, the quality of the tweeter and mid bass driver, the quality of the recording re:separation and detail? I am using a...