Imedia

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Imedia.
  1. alvine

    Upgrade from q6600 to i7 920. worth it?

    Hey guys my bday is coming up soon I was wondering is it worth upgrading from my q6600@ 3.4ghz to the 920. I would like to oc it to 4.2ghz like some people do. I would just guy 920, x58 mobo, 6gb 1600 ram. My pc specs are: *G.Skill 4gb ddr2 800 @954mhz *Vista 64bit *Intel Core2Quad q6600 @...
  2. C

    Which Motherboard for this setup?

    I am looking at these 3 motherboards. I don't know which one to use. I kind of have 3 price segments with these, but I am wondering if you guys have any comments about any of the boards or can find some information about these boards that I haven't found yet... which is basically none. If you...
  3. D

    I cannot get my receiver to stay on...turns on than off..it is brand new...

    Receiver is HT R580
  4. T

    8800 Ultra Tri SLI

    I bought a custom computer with three 8800 Ultras about a year ago but unfortunately only two of the cards now appear in the Device Manager: I was just wondering if anybody could help me figure out why one of the cards isn't appearing? The specs of the machine are as follows: 1 x...
  5. M

    GRAPHICS CARD HELP !

    hello. i am 15 years old. i have a long story and need major help. well i have a compaq presario SR1930NX with a p4 3.08 ghz. i also have a 300 watts power source. came with 512mb ram. i up did and grade it to 2 gigs which is max. i play cs:s and wow. my fps is really bad. so i bought a pci card...
  6. J

    Can the rear speaker jack play stereo music

    I have a home theater system in my media room. There are a pair of stereo speakers in the living room that are hard wired to jacks in the media room. Since all the jacks on the home theater system are used for the surround sound, I bough another receiver and another pair of book shelf...
  7. G

    Changing File Open Dialog Appearance

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) For years I've wondered how to permanently keep the "view" I prefer to use in a fileopen dialog. For example, when I use Notepad, I always get the same view and have to a) expand the window, b) click on Details to get the...
  8. O

    Should I upgrade?

    I have two BFG 8800 GTX cards running in SLI and I was thinking of upgrading to a single GTX 260. I've been searching for benchmarks that shows cards in SLI, but haven't found anything recent that shows two 8800 GTX in SLI up against a single GTX 260. I've had the two card for about a 1.5 years...
  9. I

    Core 2 Quad Q6600 too hot!!!

    Hello everyone...I'm in IT by profession but am horrible at cooling techniques, so I'm hoping a lot of people know more than me. I'll get right to it.....I recently built a new computer from scratch which I put a core 2 quad Q6600 2.4Ghz in. I got everything built up nice and did my first...
  10. R

    License randy travis songs

    I would like to get a license to record the song "I'm gonna have a little talk with Jesus" written by Randy Travis & Don Schlitz. I will probably make 500 - 1000 copies, not for sale, but distribution through myself. How do I do that. I can't find who owns the rights to publishing. Thanks, Randy
  11. B

    Computer won't boot????

    Hey guys, been reading for a while but this is my first post. Ok so my problem is my computer won't boot up and I can not get into the bios. I was surfing the web then boom blue screen. When it rebooted it flashed the bios screen for half a sec then the screen goes black almost like it is...
  12. G

    Gaming laptop

    would these specs be sufficient for casual gaming? such as left 4 dead at med-high settings at around 30 fps and maybe bf3 and low-med? GPU: nvidia geforce gt 640m 1gb CPU: i3 1.8 GHZ ivy bridge dual core RAM:4GB im worried about the weak processor. would this be a problem with gaming?
  13. G

    animations only work part of the time

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Ever since SP2, I have trouble with animations... On some sites they work fine on others they are "dead" (e.g. Animation Factory) I have set IE to play animations. Still not working right. I use a lot of...
  14. O

    Power consumption onboard graphics?

    With respect to power consumption, does a motherboard with onboard graphics consume less power when a discrete card is installed? Does the onboard chipset in this case consume no power, or the amount it normally would in an idle state? My motherboard has an onboard GF6150 but no S-video, so I...
  15. Wombat2

    AMD to match Intels July 22 50% cuts with 20% cuts

    on July 9th. http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=7860&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
  16. B

    Tannoy PBM 5 II

    Just saw a pair in a thrift shop... should I go back and buy? Asking price is $50.00
  17. K

    Assassin\'s Creed Brotherhood is Slow!!!

    I installed assassin creed 2 and while started playing, it was slow and i become so tired of it. I don't know how to overcome this problem. I m using dual core pc with 2GB ram, 1GB graphics memmory yet I don't know what's the problem...
  18. GreatDanePuppy

    I can't hear out of my headphones??

    Recently, my Ipod Touch 8GB has not been working properly. Whenever I try to listen to music with my headphones or speakers in, I can either only hear it from one side or not hear it at all. If I play it without anything in it, I can hear it perfectly. My warranty is out so i cannot ask apple...
  19. I

    Offer for 2 pci-e X1600 512s for $100. Should I take it?

    I'd just end up reselling them, but what could I get for a couple of these?
  20. S

    Newb builder, have I made an 8800GTS mistake?

    Hi guys, Recently bought this spec - core2duo 3.0ghz 8800GTS 320mb abit ip35 pro 2gb ballistix ram and I got a "low" score from 3D mark. I'm new to building and such and now everyone is telling me I shouldve bought the GT rather than the GTS.. I think I can still return the card as I only...
  21. C

    Wondering which sub i should get

    hello, i just got a sony STR-DE485 receiver from a family member and wondering which sub would be better. on a budget so my choices are Sony SA-W3000 or Polk Audio PSW10. wondering which would hit harder.
  22. G

    Upgrade advise wanted

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) I am currently running a P4T-E with a 2.0A CPU and 512 MB RDRAM. For most jobs this runs very well. Where I run into problems is that it takes about an hour to import over 700,000 lines into an Excel spreadsheet and is...
  23. O

    3h

    Hello, i downloaded windows 7 and since then I can get no sound. Can you help me please?
  24. S

    Amd 7750

    hai guys my pc specs are Operating System MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1 CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHz Wolfdale 45nm Technology RAM 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15) Motherboard Intel Corporation DG31PR (J3E1) Graphics SyncMaster...
  25. Fire_Zealot

    How do GPUs work? * Read sticky, wants more info*

    Hey guys. I was just wondering how GPUs work in detail. I've read the sticky, and it’s a nice start but I was wondering if any of you guys had some more detailed info or a link. I'm doing a report on the whole 9 yards of GPUs (what they do, how they do it, etc) and this was one thing I haven’t...
  26. G

    Update bios on KT3 Ultra2 from Windows?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?) Is it possible to update the bios on this motherboard from windows? Hoping to get an XP3000 soon so need the latest (Last bios). Would prefer to do it form windows as opposed to DOS. Messed up a graphics card by...
  27. barnettgs

    Is 7600 GT AGP an overkill for my 3 years old system?

    Well, I have received Radeon 9550 card last week for my new Dell 2007WFP. While I'm happy with it, it has somehow boosted my thirst for games! :roll: 9550 is good enough but from what I have found out, it isn't great with my chipset SIS 648 board, I had to use AGP 4X mode via CAT control panel...
  28. S

    Various small heatsinks on motherboards

    I just noticed recently that a small heatsink on my motherboard fell off. I have no idea how long ago this happened. My computer seemed to run just fine without it. It is left to the processor, and cover like 3 or 4 small chips. Are these small heatsinks very important? I have 2 of them on...
  29. G

    I have speaker (surround) outputs on my pre-amp,

    Hello, i have speaker (surround) outputs on my pre-amp, so how do i connect it to my amp
  30. V

    How to save missions in vice city

    ii was playing game and reach upto the mission dildo dodo but certainly my game was deleted now i should not play whole game again and tell me how to save games through internet without playing
  31. S

    pentium 4 3.0 or amd athlon 64 3200+ better?

    can anyone here tell me which type of the specs perform better .. pentium 4 530 (prescott) 3.0Ghz intel mother board.. 915 GEV 1GB apacer DDR2 ram OR amd athlon (939 socket) 64 3200+ 2.0Ghz getway motherboard 1GB kingston DDR ram i wan to know which perform better? i'm using ati x800gt...
  32. G

    Ladder week 3

    Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?) So, how's everyone progressing? Not so much in terms of the ladder rankings, as I don't really give a flying fig about those, but more in terms of what you're making, what cool items you've found, etc. Following on from...
  33. X

    PCIe Gen II

    What do you guys know about the next generation graphics slot? I saw in some AMD roadmap it is suposed to come in 2008. I would like to know what improvements are going to be done(specially since PCIe 16x is not nearly being used to its potential) and if it is going to be backwards compatible...
  34. F

    Need help pc restart

    Hi everyone, Ive been searching everywhere and cant find a solution to my problem.. The problem is, when playing some games, not all, my pc shuts itself down and restarts.. I can play Crysis Wars, Crysis 2 and the BF3 beta for as long as I want with no probs, but as soon as I try BFBC2 or...
  35. I

    Dual P3 system what kind of performance can i expect??

    My job was throwing out a bunch of older computers, so I went through them and got some decent parts for free. I got a bunch a pc133 256meg sticks a pair of P3 1ghz 133/256k cpu's and a pair of 40gig hard drive. All for free so i couldnt pass it up. So I was thinking of what to do with...
  36. S

    Upgrading Sound

    Hi there, I currently have Dolby 5.1 onboard sound (MSI nForce2) and was thinking of upgrading to an Audigy 2 or maybe even that new X-Fi. I just wanted to know if there will be a significant enough improvement to justify buying the soundcard? My speakers aren't anything fancy. 5.1 Creative...
  37. L

    Using a Microphone with SB2zs

    hmm, I can't for the life of me get my Mic to work? Any advice?
  38. S

    Behringer 1202 ub power supply

    I have a 1202ub behringer mixer with no supply. Found a 15v 1000ma 50watt ac/dc power supply with the correct connector end for the mixer at the goodwill store. The berhnger mxul-5 supply is 17.5v 20 watt 650ma. I was wondering if it may possibly work or is it possible I could mess something up...
  39. G

    Windows Activation?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Seems my problems are caused by the Windows XP Activation. After talking to an IT guy, he says that XP forces the user to activate each copy of Windows XP. Every time I logged on to my User Account (and I am...
  40. L

    Boot Problems

    I have a Macintoch LC 575 computer. When I turn it on there is a image of a disk with a question mark blinking on and off before and after I put in what I think is the system disk. Do I need another boot disk? Souldn't it be able to boot from my hard drive. Thank You