Open Ports

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Open Ports.
  1. B

    Windows 7 Excessive boot time

    An odd problem has occurred. When booting PC after a period of shutdown, (Overnight) it takes 5 to 7 minutes to boot. If i re-start the pc, or turn it off and then re-boot after a few minutes it will boot in about 15 seconds, which was how it was when the SSD was installed about a year ago. Up...
  2. T

    Should I use 1 sick of 8gb or 2 sticks of 4gb?

    I'm building a mini itx pc and the mobo only has two ram slots so I can't afford 16gb right now but I'll want to upgrade to 16 sometime in the future so it would be cheaper for me to get 1 8gb stick and just buy the same 8gb stick later. Would this slow down my computer at all or should I use 2...
  3. E

    My Gaming PC won't start up

    I recently got a gaming computer a few weeks ago(specs included down below) and just today it won't start up w/o getting "your PC didn't start correctly". I have tried virtually everything. Your help is appreciated.
  4. F

    What Is The Best RAM?

    I like a lot of ram companies but the one that stands out for me is corsair, but they are the most expensive. So what is your take on the best RAM? I like Corsair Dominator Platinums, Corsair Vengeance pro red, G skill Ripjaw X red, and the patriot Ram red, I want 16gb at 1866 or higher. I have...
  5. K

    i7 vs. Vishera cpu, Is it worth it?

    Hello people! I've made two gaming builds around $1100 each, one being AMD and one being Intel. Basically, the builds are exactly the same, but the Intel one has the i7-4770k with the gtx770 with 2gb of vram, and the AMD has the fx-8350 with the gtx770 with 4gb of vram. I really don't know...
  6. P

    Graphics Card Upgrade Advice For a Dell Studio

    Hi guy's, new to here so thanks for the advice in advance - and apologies if this is posted in the wrong place etc! I currently own a decent Dell Studio 540 pc, approx 4yrs old. The specs are: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66 GHz 2.67 GHz 4 GB Ram 1TB HDD NVIDIA Geforce 9800 512MB GDDR3 (PCI-E...
  7. K

    Gaming PC Build

    I am building myself a gaming PC in the near future and was hoping that I could get some guidance as to whether the parts I have chosen are all to a decent standard and at a reasonable price, that will be able to perform high end gaming, streaming and video rendering. Listed below are the parts...
  8. 2

    Create self installing Ghost image for XP?

    I have Ghost 9. Have been very happy with it. However, is there a way to automatically delete the OLDEST file in the archive so that I have spade to add the newest backup image. Have been doing this manually and often forget. Had a catastrophic failure, and had to "restore" to 2-15-2012 on...
  9. D

    Loss of windows peripherals

    I was installing updates with windows update and also installing a usb wireless adapter driver. the mouse stopped working, so i forced restart it, and now i can't use the mouse or keyboard. not even sure how to boot from the cd drive to install xp again... any ideas what to do?
  10. C

    Audio and display driver for toshiba laptop model no. PSL4CE 00F00GAR

    installed windows xp bt now audio is nt working.. pls help me for installing those drivers
  11. dgbkiller

    DX 11 support on XP

    Does win xp support DX 11 , my graphics card supports DX 11?
  12. D

    Win xp pro cant find audstub on the disk

    Hello,
  13. timw128

    Scary Event Viewer

    :hello: I took a look at Event Viewer today on my XP Pro x86 SP3 machine and I had just a bunch of Errors and Warnings in there. At a glance, they just started happening a few hours ago. I made no changes to the System and I can't find any malware. I tried to run the Properties> MS Support link...
  14. G

    Canon printer maintenance

    I am always having a white line on everey page of photograph i print the white line is always at the middle
  15. L

    How do i get my information from my desk top computer to this laptop

    how do i get my desk top computer to my laptop
  16. P

    Download file i386 for window xp

    Hello, no softwre is installing on my system??what will i do??? there is error in copying files of I386. Installer xp is missing.
  17. R

    AHCI & XP

    Is AHCI relevant to XP?
  18. K

    Arches paper profiles

    I need profiles for Arches watercolor papers for an Epson 4900
  19. A

    Want to overclock graphic card and processor

    Hello everybody, It seems this is the best forum for overclocking stuff. I've read threads and threads in this forum, really helpful indeed. However, I have old computer and I'm not planning on getting the new one because I'm just using my computer to play old sql games such as CoD2, C&C...
  20. C

    Help

    Hello, I accidently turned on video, while taking snapshots. How can I delete vedio, and save photos? Carl
  21. K

    What does run time error or pathfile ecess error means

    Hi, Everytime I turn my computer on there is a box open that says 'Run time error '75' Path/File access error' Everytme I click ok or x for it to go away it pops back up. Any ideas what this means and how I can get rid of it?
  22. M

    Retrieving my deleted documents

    Hello,I would like to know how to retrieve my accidentally deleted documents on my download file page. Please help me to get them back
  23. M

    download free ati mx400 64m w/fan driver

    i need driver ati plz help me
  24. G

    newb 1.10 questions

    Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?) hello have been away from Diablo2 for a long time, have not played since version 1.09 now playing 1.10, single player, normal difficulty....I dont really notice much difference. What should I be looking for? Are there any hidden treasures...
  25. P

    Windows xp uninstall very slow

    Hello, Setup programs created by VS2008 are very slow when running uninstall from control panel. It worked fine when XP and VS2008 were just installed. It takes 20 minutes or more to uninstall a very small program now. Thank you for the answers in advance.
  26. C

    Hp ethernet controller driver download

    Hello, am searching for ethernet drivers any ideas
  27. Y

    Power Save Mode

    Hello, My pc is stuck in power save mode. I have repeatedly started the computer and the monitor remains completedly black. What do you suggest?
  28. G

    Need help with hard drive!!

    i recently got a hard drive with xp from my buddy. i installed it on my motherboard and it ran fine. i wanted to get rid off the existing data on the hard drive so i ran the system recovery, now all i get when it starts up is an error message: error configuration problem the system well not run...
  29. D

    How do I delete a folder without deleting contents

    I believe that you want to delete the folder's name and not the contents. This can be done by using "my Computer" and Listing the contents of the Folder the name of which you no longer want. Highlight the names of the files you want to keep and move these to a new place in the file hierarchy...
  30. G

    Dumb Question - The Difference of these Three Downloads?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) The differences of these three downloads? 1) Install_MSN_Messenger_7.0.0813.exe (10,528 KB) 2) mmssetup.exe (979 KB) http://messenger.msn.com/Help/Upgrades.aspx#Q3t 3) INSTALL_MSN_MESSENGER_DL.EXE (7,193 KB)...
  31. S

    How do i shred deleted user account

    I have deleted user account, but want to shred it. I probably should have shredded documents folder first. How can I make those files non retrivable?
  32. G

    Format C:

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I have a computer with Windows XP Pro. There is a fair bit of junk on the hard disk. I want to take the following steps: 1) Reformat the hard drive (NTFS) 2) Load a licenced copy of Windows 2000 Pro 3) Immediately...
  33. N

    Same screen keeps popping up

    Hello, I went to install world of war craft on the computer and then a black screen come up and said press ctrl alt delete so do that and it just keeps going back to that same screen. ????
  34. G

    Java

    Hello, When I try to use java I get a error message saying java can not be detected on my system. I have uninstalled & reinstalled Java , any ideas? I have no problems on 2 of my other computers and this one used to be OK
  35. G

    video device driver update failure

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) You know you are in trouble when the newsgroup menu categories nor Microsoft support categories match your problem. My problem is that the WinXP Automatic Update has recently attempted, multiple times, to install a driver...
  36. J

    Limited access to administrator account

    Hello, I formatted my cpu and every time I boot it I normally get a message that i can't be logged on. pliz help
  37. J

    My acer aspire ones safe mode will not load

    Hello, My acer aspire one has the same problem as many others it keeps looping when i try to boot it up. I have done what people have suggested on youtube and others links but my acer still wont boot. i havee pressed f8 and i go into safe mode but unlike others that i have witnessed mine doesnt...
  38. C

    Some of my word documents become erased with new text?

    I can't see what i've saved in my word files replaced by a message which is written by virus. How can i recover my text?
  39. G

    How do solve ram problems

    Hello, Os not able to installed irql less or equal problem at installation ntldr missing error at boot
  40. T

    How to repair the scanner and camera wizard

    Hello, how do i repair the scanner and camera wizard in windows xp home edition sp3, Preview does not work in the scanner and camera Wizard