Registry Cleaner

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Registry Cleaner.
  1. C

    Windows 7 Startup Repair on every boot

    So yesterday I added another hard drive to my computer. I now have 2 SATA hard drives running in my machine. I used the disk managment, and the 2nd hard drive is working as it should. However, when I shut down my computer and turned it back on, Windows will boot to the Startup Repair screen...
  2. G

    Installing multiple CD/DVD drives

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I am having a problem having one CD rom drive and one DVD/CD drives at the same time. I installed the DVD/CD drive after having my CD drive but now the computer only reads the DVD/CD drive and not my original CD drive...
  3. G

    Merom A0 silicon

    From this article in french, tryed a babel fish but it was reallllly ugly =) <A HREF="http://www.x86-secret.com/?option=newsd&nid=903" target="_new">CLick</A> Basically it says that Merom Tapped-out last week. Its been tested and it works! Shold be available by mid-2006 so thats in 1 year...
  4. G

    Robert X. Cringely on the Apple / Intel deal

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?) http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20050609.html Very, very interesting. I have no idea if he's right, but a MAJOR shakeup if he is.
  5. T

    Monitor doesn't get signal from vid card,

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) my specs: Motherboard: Intel D850GB, CPU: P4 1.75Ghz Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600 128MB, Monitor: Gateway EV700 Memory: RIMM RAMBUS 512MB, Hard Drive: 2x80GB HD 450W PSU Now this setup has worked before, but I guess...
  6. P

    Display settings are missing

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Whenever I go to Control Panel and hit the Display Icon it only list The Display Properties to change a Windows Theme. There is no settings control, no screen size or anything else. I reinstalled my drivers for my Flat...
  7. G

    Windows stalls at Welcome Screen

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I just used Western Digital's Data Lifeguard to clone my old hard disk to a new larger disk. The new disk boots fine, but when reaching the light blue Welcome screen, it stalls just before "Welcome" appears (where a list...
  8. G

    USR Winmodem fax 56K internal

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hiya, I have installed SP2 for my XP pro system. Before I did the update my USR win-modem was working fine using the default drivers provided my MS. After installation of the SP2, the modem could no longer be detected...
  9. G

    Scheduled Back up utility

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I recently used the XP back up utility to back up my files to another drive. It worked fine when I manually run through the back up wizard. But when I tried to set up a regularly scheduled back up of my files...
  10. R

    Folder right - Urgent

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I have an administrator account of local computer and a user account of domain on a computer and discover some folders do not have write right for the user account. Basically, both accounts should have same level of right...
  11. G

    FILE ERROR message

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I recently had a virus removed from my computer. On its return the Epsom Perfection 1250 Photo Scanner was no longer showing up on my control panel. I attempted to re install it and I get the following: FILE ERROR...
  12. M

    Window 7 emailing problems!

    Hello, Just installed 7 everything seems fine but can't email or attach any files to my yahoo email account. Please help, I live by eamils. mo
  13. R

    Properly instal default client, Windows 7

    hello i need to downlode default client, windows
  14. lp231

    How to change Windows 7 Starter background

    1. Create a system restore point (in case something goes wrong) 2. Open up regedit (Win+R) and type regedit 3. Go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\ 4. On the right side, find the entry Wallpaper and change the wallpaper path to where your wallpaper is located 5. Now on the left side...
  15. G

    Questions regarding Ultra??

    I have a Leadteck Geforce Ultra and I was wondering how would you cool it. I am still kinda new at this and I know how they cool a chip, smack on a heatsink and fan, but how do you do that on a video card. You cant just put a heatsink on the card, can you? What I want to know is if I was able...
  16. R

    Web site for learning more on winxp

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Anyone know of a few good tip/hint/learn/tutor about winxp sites? thanks!!
  17. R

    Trying to make HP PCs 1350 all-in-one scan

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I would like to know what I need to do to get my scanner working. It scans the picture ok but I can not get it to go into Word so that I can send it. I get an error message that is Fatal Execution Engene Error (0x792...
  18. koga73

    Raid 1 Questions

    Hey, so I have four hard drives total. Two 500GB and Two 1TB drives. I want to setup RAID 1 (and I never have before) on each. So the completed configuration would have the Two 500GB in RAID 1 and the Two 1TB in a RAID 1; so I will have a mirror of the 500GB drive (which will become extended...
  19. F

    Windows 7 family pack question

    hi im looking to get the windows 7 family pack but i says its a upgrade version for vista and xp users but im getting a new hardrive and doing a install on that. so can i still use it? also i going to do the install to my new hard drive but when my computer boots with a blank hard drive what...
  20. G

    Can Someone Help?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I know this is not the place, but does anyone know if there is a newsgroup or suggestion as where I should go to ask a question about MSN Messenger? Thanks so much........... Sandy
  21. G

    Dial-Up connection help pleaseeee

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I'm sorry ! The application event I mentioned ( 1000 )was the Wal Mart Connect software. Also forgot to mention the system event I have been having at every launch of the app. It is: Source: Dhcp, Event: 1007. Hope...
  22. G

    Set Printable Area Defaults for XP Printers

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I have an application that uses Seagate Crystal Reports which uses XP printer defaults to determine the printable area of the report. It is wrong and part of the report does not print nor screen preview, even if Adobe...
  23. G

    Problems with NVidia GeForce 4 MX440 card

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) It seems the more Windows XP updates I download the more problems I am having with my NVidia GeForce 4 MX440 graphics card. I'm at the point now where most games won't even run, they just go to a black screen. I've...
  24. andy5174

    Odd HDD stops MY pc FROM booting!

    The Cavier SE 80GB HDD stops my PC from booting up and so I couldn't install XP on it even if I made the CD Rom as the first boot device. The xp disc would only start loading if the HDD were unplugged before power up. Hence, in order to install the windows xp on the HDD, I had to unplug the HDD...
  25. T

    DVD+rw

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi, does anyone know of a solution for turning my Sony DVD writer into a drag and drop drive using DVD+RW? I want to be able to see the DVD drive as just another hard drive that I can write to and or erase under windows...
  26. G

    spoolsv.exe Problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I have recently loaded an HP printing software and printer on my computer. Since loading it, there seems to be some problem with the spoolsv.exe file. It prevents me from opening any system program, and most other...
  27. G

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?) HB Installed appears instead of game room, help? -- Robyn
  28. G

    Internet swtches off

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I use WinXP in a 2.4 GHz PIV with a cable modem. If I leave the PC switched on for some time I loose my internet connection. In order to re-connect I must reboot the PC. Is it possible this behavior can be corrected? Peter.
  29. G

    YAAD Lyra Fem-Elf-Wiz

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?) Started with wand of enlightment, which in my opinion is one of the best wands to start with, spell was healing. First ring found was non-cursed and turned out to be slow digestion. Lyra explored the first five levels of DoD with...
  30. G

    winxp & raid 0

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) hi, I was wondering why winxp transfer file the same speed no mater how the HD's are fast. I bench mark my HD it gives me 140mb/s on raid 0. When I move a file from partition C to D within same raid stripe why would it be so...
  31. G

    Printing on 2000

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I have set a small Microsoft network in one of our offices. The office has a mix of Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro. I attached a printer to the Windows 2000 machine and shared it so everyone can use it. When...
  32. S

    Mouse Driver

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Why doesn't the scroll button work with Word and Excel VBA screens using Microsoft's mouse drivers. The scroll button works fine in Explorer, Word, Excel etc.
  33. T

    Please help

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi My laptop crashed recently and I was unable to get into Windows xp. I was advised to do a patch repair of winxp. The problem is that the laptop stops on the first screen. On switching on all tha appears is this...
  34. S

    Virtual memory

    I've heard that if u have 1 GIG of RAM u could turn off virtual memory and ur system will run faster i want to know if this is a good Idea?? and what will happen if i run out of physical memory??? will windows re-allocate some virtual memory?? P4 3.0Ghz (800FSB) 2x512ram DDR400 dual-channel
  35. G

    XP nightmare with Soltek SL-75DRV2

    Add another notch to XP's bragging rights for frustrating would-be first time system creators. I have entered the nightmare and find myself in the dark, alone, and in desperate need of help. (End drama.) Okay. Like so many, I cannot get XP to do a fresh install on my HD: it refuses to begin...
  36. sturm

    Icons changed?

    Some of the icons on my desktop are darker than other ones. They were all bright but now some of them look like it does when u click on them once. They are like this all the time even if i change themes. Have looked all over and cant find out how to change them back or undo it. Running XP Pro...
  37. S

    Domain

    Hello, how to prevent users from installing software in domain
  38. S

    Still weeding out computers in AD

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?) Ok, with the help I recieved from before, I've started disabling computer objects identified with the dsquery -stalepwd switch. If I dont get any complaints from users who cant use there systems for a week, I then go...
  39. G

    W2kProSp4 Reboots at startup

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) It reboots at 'applying security settings' on the startup screen. It boots OK in safemode. any ideas? We dont have any special computer policies. It is in a win2000 domain. It has 2 local accounts for 2 domains. This is...
  40. D

    Printing Background colors

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?) Hi, I have a Win2k Adv server with Active Directory. I have logged as Administrator and trying to check the option "Print background colors and images" in Internet Explorer --> tools --> Internet Options -->...