SSH

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with SSH.
  1. B

    HDD died, got a SSD, have a GPU, how do i install OS?

    I built a gaming computer about 4 months ago, and the hard drive i had died. So i bought a SSD for faster usage. But, i have a GeForce GTX 760 Graphics card installed. When i put the SSD in the computer, and had the OS disk in my CD/DVD drive. When i turned on the computer, neither the HDMI port...
  2. F

    System not reading DVD ROM

    Just finished a homebuilt system last weekend. Read my DVD rom fine at first (which I know because I got Windows installed via dvd). Also notice that the BIOS recognizes the drive currently. However, no drive letter exists in windows explorer. I went out to device manager and it says the...
  3. R

    How to change the display language on MFC 9330 printer

    Hi I bought a multifunction brother mfc-9330 from a German vendor and after I received it, I found that’s the display language is German, and there isn’t neither English nor French. Is it possible to add these two languages or one of them by reinstalling the framework on the printer ? PS...
  4. C

    System build Q. Still up to date?

    Hi, i had a few questions about a build i had planned to do a while back, but never got to it. I am looking to build this system. http:// I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on cheaper parts of the same quality, or anything that would be a better buy than what I have here or if I am...
  5. Bazeleel

    Looking for a webcam

    I need to upgrade my 8$ webcam to something with solid picture. I will be using it for a livestream show and playing trading cards over skype.
  6. A

    I lost my files in my document

    Hello, hallo
  7. P

    Faulty laptop battery indicator

    Hello, One yr. old Samsung laptop RV711.Unplugged, battery indicator goes from 30 to 50% charge to 8% instantly. Samsung sent new battery. Same issue. Have used BatteryBar download. Shows exactly the same thing.Can't find solution.
  8. ferencster

    For best gaming performance - low buget PC

    My new builds (witch to get?): AMD ADO4600CUBOX - Athlon 64X2 4600+ (2400 MHz), Socket AM2, 512KB x2, Boxed, 65W MB Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3, nForce 550, S-AM2, ATX 24p., PCI-E x16 / 2xPCI / 4xPCI-x / Dual DDR2-800, SATAII Raid, SB 8ch.&1394&Lan on board. 2*TwinMOS 8D25KK-TW - DDR II 1024 MB PC6400...
  9. S

    Ethernet Controller FOR TOSHIBA C650

    PLEASE GIVE ME THE DRIVERS FOR ETHERNET CONTROLLER WIN 7 TOSHIBA C650
  10. G

    Shutdown procedure

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) When I click the "turn off computer" icon, it takes a couple minutes then comes up with a window saying "it's now safe to turnoff your computer". Is there a way to skip this last step and have it shutdown when you click...
  11. A

    i think my windows is dieing

    ok it been like 5 years since i'll last formated and i'm computer is acting really werid i'll play games it crashes my windows goes all funky
  12. W

    Dual Monitors, Seperate Backrounds

    Does anyone know how to post separate desktop backgrounds for my dual monitors? Right now the backround I have carries over to my 2nd monitor, I do not know how to change this. Your help is much appreciated, thank you.
  13. flamethrower205

    NEC 791SB

    I got one of these monitors today, and it's very nice. Although I don't care for the super bright mode as things get fuzzier, it's otherwise really good (finally, my eyes are more rest since I'm at 115Hz vs 85 w/ previous crt). Although this monitor is giving me less eyestrain, I have a...
  14. N

    Asrock N68C-GS FX problem

    I have a problem with my Motherboards' usb ports. Every time I plug in a USB , the USB is not recognized, also it does not give me a notice like"USB is not reconized"
  15. G

    External CD drive

    Hello, I have an external CD drive that I would like to get the CD that came with the box. It was a Xmas gift. It is a Magicspin Model 5232UI.
  16. D

    Xp 64 hangs on post

    I'm trying to install xp 64. after the pc has copied the files from the disc and restarts , the pc hangs on post (before the installation (setup))... when it hangs , some random numbers/letters disappear.....then it just stays there with the blinking _ i tried 2 different xp64 discs . same...
  17. T

    What happened to msdos sys and io sys

    what happened to msdos.sys and io.sys? I'm using Vista Home Premium and I wanted to make a USB SD card bootable. So when I went to my primary hard drive's root directory, nothing there (well besides the usual suspects). Of course I have gone to my folder options under the 'view' tab and changed...
  18. N

    PCG-71316L

    Hello, Any body knows about sound driver for sony vaio PCG-71316L, the laptop was working fine and then just stop producing any sound. Moreover, when u check the system, it gives the response no hardware installed !!
  19. J

    Xp pc boot problem

    why do i have to unplug my pc while it is running before it will boot up?
  20. D

    Some Questions... Online Raffle/ Giveaway HowTo

    Hello Tomshardware... This is my first post here. I am not sure this is the perfect place for these questions, but I like the site and community. Though, If you do have a recommendation for somewhere else to put this, please let me know. I was wondering how those websites that do giveaways...
  21. 5

    My cursor wont click on some things

    my cursor will not work on some things like on facebook I can not sign out and on my google I can not click on my gmail
  22. G

    Windows repair

    Hello, i would like to ask a question, i wanted to reinstal my xp win to vista, but i managed to make two win(xp, and vista), but mow my pc is not booting up, what should i do?
  23. exfileme

    Motion Sensing Software Arrives for PC, Mac

    The first application to use OmniMotion Technology's motion-sensing middleware is a game called SUMO. All you need is a Mac or PC and a webcam. Motion Sensing Software Arrives for PC, Mac : Read more
  24. Marcus Yam

    Unhappy HP Employees Named Mark Hurd a 'Turd'

    Former HP employee blogs discontent over the company. Unhappy HP Employees Named Mark Hurd a 'Turd' : Read more
  25. F

    USB Ports / Printer vs Wireless Card

    I have just spent 30 minutes with Charter tech support - 45 minutes with Epson tech support with no resolution for the following problem. When I am on the internet via my wireless card and try to turn on my printer it immediately knocks me offline. I am unable to have both running at the same...
  26. G

    I can't be part of a domain after image

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Hello all I just created a Ghost image one month ago. When this computer was "damaged" I restore the image. All worked fine, but my credentials to log on the domain are not well. I entred as local administraror I...
  27. G

    No desktop icons, taskbar, start menu

    no desktop icons tasks start menu
  28. G

    Windows asks to startup normally?????

    Hello, I reinstalled XP Pro on an old Dell Inspiron 8600 successfully, but i have a small problem. Instead of booting up normally, the opening screen is the Microsoft black one and it offers me two choices, both identical: Start Windows Normally. Why isn't the computer automatically doing...
  29. G

    Best antivirus for xp home

    which is the best anti virus for windows xp sp2
  30. O

    How to avoid to begin click your user name

    I have tried the controluserpasswords2 in the Run file without any joy
  31. L

    HOW TO LOAD A 32 BIT ADOBE FLASH PLAYER ON A 64 BIT SYSTEM

    Hello, WHAT DO i HAVE TO DO TO GET THE 32 BIT IE TO RUN? IT SEEMS AS THOUGH IT IS NOT THERE.