Thunderbird

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Thunderbird.
  1. Josh5890

    Is 8GB DDR3 RAM enough for gaming

    I'm looking to upgrade my rig in the near future. My current memory is 4 GB of DDR3. Will 8 GB be enough for gaming now until it comes time to upgrade my mobo with the next generation of RAM or should I do an extra 8 GB for 12 GB all together? I'm trying to keep costs low while future proofing...
  2. F

    Windows 7 Installation on new build

    Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my new build (AMD Phenom II, Asus Crosshair IV formula). 2 hard disks configured in RAID 1 (mirror) I got to the stage where it says 'Where do you want to install Windows?' No drives showed up so I installed the correct driver for my RAID controller...
  3. G

    Xerox Phaser 8200 - What's the smallest paper size it can ..

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I own an invitation design and printing company, and have been interested for a while in digital printing output instead of printing press. From what I have read, solid ink laser printing will come closest to the finish I'm looking for. I...
  4. T

    Need help deciding between two monitors

    Hi I cant decide between these two monitors it's a 25" i-inc monitor vs 23" acer monitor. They are practically the same (<200 dollar price tag, HDMI, HD screen, 1920x1080, 16:9) except for the following: the acer has a 40000:1 DYNAMIC contrast ratio (i know what that means but i dont...
  5. O

    Fine horizontal black lines in 19" Dell CRT

    I bought a used Dell UltraScan P990 (These are re-branded Sony's, by my understanding), and after about 2 hours of use two fine black horizontal lines appeared on the monitor; one near the top and another near the bottom. They appeared while I was running the monitor at 1280x1024 @ 85 Hz, and I...
  6. G

    Just purchased IP 4000, ink question

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Just purchased a ip 4000 this morning, office depot had instore 20.00 bucks off with a 20.00 rebate from Canon. Fixing to order ink refill kit with empty cartridges. Anyone know anything about hobby colors? Thanks
  7. M

    inks... original vs compatibles

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi just bought a Epsom R200 and wondering if it is time to try compatible inks again....Been a while since last trying them and gave up due to clogging, colour matching and other probs. We print alot of photo's so would appreciate any advice
  8. G

    Inetcam (IVISTA 4.1) - Deleting Files - Need program to co..

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?) Using a trial version of iVISTA 4.1 but it does seem to crash now and then - on my system at least. The software is excellent for what I want to do but if I exit it or it crashes it deletes all the monitoring files it has created! I...
  9. M

    turning lcd into a tv ????

    hi guys, i am the proud owner of a hitachi cml174sxwb, and am very happy with it, but i was wondering if there is some sort of tv module or something that i could plug directly into either the analogue or digital input so i can watch tv on it. i know you can get pci tv cards, but i want...
  10. B

    MVA-Fujitsu Panel and quality of LCDtests@THG

    Home come that the statement of THG that "MVA isn't the be-all and end-all of monitor technology" has been left open? So, yes, its has impressive specs on paper but in reality its different, how comes? Where is the answer? I'm really annoyed by this stupid statement and in the meantime Ive come...
  11. shobuz99

    Easyshare c1450 camera lens obstructed message

    Hello, I have an easyshare c1450 camera that is showing an error message after it is turned on, as: "Lens Obstructed". The camera lens will not retract, and the camera will not continue operation. I see no obstructions in front of the lens. I am not aware of any damage or accidental dropping of...
  12. R

    Hows this build

    amd hd 7750 corsair ddr3 4 gb (1x4) Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H Motherboard Intel Pentium Processor G630 Corsair VS450 450 Watts PSU
  13. G

    FS: offer on a WES51 analog soldering station

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Ok, I bought a pin from a guy this soldering iron was forgotten in the cab of the machine. The wand didnt work, so I ordered a brand spanking new PES51 ($45) iron for it. Never touched a piece of solder or a board. No scratches and looks...
  14. SHAWNRCARANO

    SAMSUNG MEMORY, WHICH IS IT DDRI DDR2

    Hello,MY NAME IS SHAWN AND I HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER FOR MY RAM WHAT IS IT. SERIAL # M368L3223DTL-C80
  15. rosco1234

    Which Is Better

    I am using a Gigabyte x58a-ud3r motherboard and a i7-950 CPU as well as corsair XMS3 tripple channel DDR3 1333 Ram. I want to upgrade my CPU cooler but I dont know which would be better, The Thermalright Arcon or the Silver Arrow? The xbitlabs review said the the arcon is just as good as the...
  16. joytech22

    AMD Phenom II X4 955BE OC Help

    Hi, this is my first time overclocking and my current Overclock seem's fairly stable with my current setup, Cooler is Corsair H50, PSU Is Antec Truepower Quattro 1000W and CPU is in title. At the moment my overclock is only 400MHz (3.6GHz) at 1.424V, now the Motherboard automatically set the...
  17. G

    Incorrect CPU speed

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Can anyone shed any light on why WinXP Pro SP1 would report a IBM Thinkpad A21m (700 MHz PIII) as 547 MHz? Prior to that, it showed it as 145 MHz! Is this some kind of Windows error, or am I being shorted CPU power?
  18. Vlad_2

    Deluxe Overclocking

    SPECS : CPU : AMD ATHLON 630 X4 MOB: MSI 790FX-GD70 RAM: KINGSTON 4GB DDR3 CL7 GPU: GIGABYTE ATI RADEON 5850 Can you please learn me to do good over clockings ? :love: http://tinypic.com/r/293jeag/6 :ange: on this cfg it is not very stable... in Crysis it crashes sometimes .. I didn't...
  19. B

    Ubable to overclock Without Maninboard &PLL manufacturename

    I have some hardware information from installing CPUZ on my Laptop but unable to recognize Mainboards and PLLS manufacture name details I even dontknow the CLOCKS make and series to reduce its temperature. Could anyone guide me My laptop SONY VAIO VGN A690 model (PCG 8SAL) Processor...
  20. obsidian86

    Permenent ln2 loop

    possible? :sarcastic:
  21. Bluebard

    Realtek soundcard volume for recording issues

    Hello all. I have a Realtek HD Audio card, the codec number is ALC883 and the driver is version 5.10.00.5229. Anyway, the main problem I have is the fact that I can't configure the various volumes for recording inputs. There's instead one master volume and that's really annoying. If I want...
  22. J

    Older build, am I due for an upgrade?

    This was built in like late 08 or early 09 or somewhere around there, and I'm wondering if it's still got some life in it or if I should be looking to upgrade? I'm just feeling like building a new computer I guess, but I really haven't had many problems with it. Just wondering how much time...
  23. G

    Logon script not running for group policy

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?) Dear All, I created a very simple logon script for all of my users, it contained: net use h:\\pdc\test it doesnot work when user logon.. why ? please advise regards Winanjaya
  24. B

    Been trying to figure out for months whats wrong

    alright where to begin? i guess this problem all started with a BSOD. ( by now im pretty sure my computer has shown me every BSOD that there is to see) and what would happen sometimes is that the computer would turn on and try to boot up, but nothing would happen(no communication to monitor...
  25. G

    Drive Imaging and AD

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?) Are there any specific problems with regards to drive imaging and active directory? I am thinking of having a regular drive image taken of my servers system drives for quick recovery purposes. This is likely to be...
  26. J

    Security concerns?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?) Hello, I am seeing this in my event viewer: The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server DNS/prisoner.iana.org. No authentication protocol was available. and this: The Security System detected...
  27. G

    Cannot access files after removing computer from domain

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) I have a user who is no longer with the company. Policy is in place that redirects My Documents to the file server. On his personal laptop he had removed the domain now he cannot access any of his files. This includes...
  28. G

    windows 2000 logon shares

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) we have a setup of PDC and BDC as windows 2000 advanced server. i find the following folders as shared folders in both the server SYSVOL NETLOGON As i am concerned that hackers should not tamper these folders. is it required...
  29. R

    ATI RADEON 5450 & WINDOWS 7

    qsdsqddsxc
  30. G

    My System doesn't startup now and then- Follows a strange pattern..!!

    Hello, I purchased components and built my PC on 1st Sept. Everything was fine until two weeks back when one fine day the System doesn't power on. Initially the the blue LED on the power button and the CPU/Cabinet Fans were 'on' for some 10 Secs and then everything went down. When I pressed the...
  31. N

    An advice

    i tried to build a new gaming pc....do you think this is ok or not?....please help me..... ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 1280 MB...
  32. S

    Psu and ups

    hello there i need some help here i just build a high end pc for gaming i choose corsair 1200w for psu and i want to buy a psu what pcu do you guys recomend or i just simply conect it into the outlet? in my contry the electricity isnt the stable
  33. F

    MY PC KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN !!

    Lately my pc has been just randomly shutting down. No warning, no windows shutdown, just turns off instantly. There has also been a VERY slight smell of smoke. When it shuts off, I cannot restart unless I unplug the PSU and then plug it back in. PSU, also, is pretty warm to the touch after 10...
  34. Z

    Air Cooler for i7 920, Asus P6T, Antec 900 II

    Starting to purchase parts for a new build. Case is an Antec 900 II (or 902, or 900-2 or whatever), mobo is an Asus P6T with a Core i7 920. After research, the three coolers I'm looking at are: Xigmatech Dark Knight Noctua NH-U12P Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme I'm also entertaining...
  35. H

    Umax web camera driver download

    Hello, how can i get umax web camera driver download ?
  36. R

    Passwords

    I have used Roboform in the past and it was average. Can anyone recommend a free password manager that I can back up and use seamlessly with Firefox? Identity safe that comes with Norton is clunky. Also Norton/MS crit update has corrupted my system? Or I have a virus? I am getting the Error...
  37. S

    Haw to install mac osx asus p7p55d motherboard with cori7

    hi i m salam i want haw to install mac osx my pc configuration asus p7p55d bios 1207 cori7 etc my mail id is salameditor@yahoo.com pl. any suggestion
  38. L

    Free security setup?

    I'm currently using Kaspersky Internet security 2011. I'm wondering whether its worth switching to a free security setup would it provide better protection. Currently Kaspersky is taking to long to startup, a windows security warning sometimes comes up saying that there is no antivirus running...
  39. G

    What is Marvelltray

    Hello, What is Marvelltray? It came with a Gigabyte Graphicw Accelerator Driver.
  40. quad777

    Linux on VMware

    HI Guys. Need some help here. So i decide to learn Linux and VMware for the first time (Im a windows fan by the way), so im running Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. I install VMware and then install Linux OpenSuse 12.1 'Asparagus" onto VMware. Everything installs normal(well seems normal to me) but cant...