Tyan

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Tyan.
  1. G

    Multiple windows open on the toolbar

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Is there a way to stop the windows from combing? Once I have 4+ open they all combine to one. OS WinXP Pro.
  2. X

    Athlon XP over Kinetiz 7T

    I have a Kinetiz 7T (Bios 4.1 LCP) with Athlon XP 2400+ (2.0 Ghz), but running at 1800+ (1.5 Ghz), because the FSB is working at 100 Mhz & not 133 Mhz. How make real the overclocking option (133 Mhz FSB)?
  3. G

    Memory: Higher speed w/o low lat. vs lower speed low lat.

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) When I had first decided to build my pc, I had no or very little desire to overclock and was looking to buy Crucial ram. However, after browsing around I have suddenly caught the OC bug. Several reviews have indicated that...
  4. G

    Abit and nForce Chipsets

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?) I'm a stickler for Abit motherboards. I love'em. But it seems that the only nVidia nForce chipset that Abit has implemented has been the nForce 2. I haven't seen an nForce 3 chipset implememented by Abit yet, even though it's...
  5. B

    P5N32-E SLI memory problems! help ASAP pls, going mad

    my config is the fallowing: p5n32-e sli 680i chipset (bios 1103 release version) a-data vitesta extreme 800+ (4-4-4-12 2T, 2.025v, 800mHz, 4x1gb) q6600 (stock speed + AC freezer 7 PRO) asus 8800gts 330mb/320bit (stock speeds) antec basiq power 500W 1x WD 320 s-ata 16mb asus dvd-writer s-ata OS...
  6. Z

    Help Rebuilding PC

    I have a emachines t4150 that I've decided to tear apart and put into a new case and I've run into a problem. I'm using the exact same componets and motherboard is configured the same as when it was in the mini tower, but now that I've moved all the 'guts' into the new tower, my system won't...
  7. Spitfire_x86

    mobo temp, how much is safe?

    When the ambient temp. is 35C or more, my mobo temp. is 50C. At 30 to 35C ambient temp., it's 43C to 48C. Are these temps. safe? How long a mobo can survive running at these temp. level? (BTW, I don't use any case fan) ---------------- <b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86"...
  8. P

    wrong BIOS version HELP!

    I have problem with my 7vaxp motherboard due to the installation of wrong BIOS version. The manual that came with the board is for motherboard model 7VRX. I took for granted that the board is 7VRX and downloaded the 7VRX.f7 BIOS from a website and installed it not knowing that my motherboard...
  9. B

    Testing Memory Performance

    I'm using PC1066 RDRAM on an Intel 850E motherboard that doesn't officially support 1066. The board is running fine, but it lists the memory speed as "other". How do I find out if my memory is being used at 1066 or whether it's clocked down to 800? Sisoft Sandra lists the memory as 1066 on...
  10. N

    gigabyte ga-8inxp

    Is this motherboard worth it over one with regular ddr support up to ddr333? Would you go with a p4 3ghz and ddr333 or the gigabyte and a p4 2.53ghz w/dual channel ddr266?
  11. M

    Ram makes...

    Ok so we all know Corsair makes good ram. I'm waiting the arival of my Gigabyte GA8SQ800. So I ordered 2x256 Corsair XMS3200 sticks to go on that board. I paid $91 each. Now I just found Kigmax memory for like $50 each (256) Now for a little more money (like 20 bux) I can load up my...
  12. G

    AIW 9000 TV problem

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) I have the latest drivers installed, and no "!" marks in my device manager, but when I try to launch the TV display app, I get a message that says "the tv player failed to initialize the video". I'm running XP Pro /w SP2 and...
  13. P

    Which type RAM for AMD K6 450 ?

    Hello I`m going to install memory on friends PC. I don`t have much info about his computer by now. (don`t have his PC, here with me, but going to install some RAM on his computer tomorrow!). He has a AMD K6 1-2, 450 Mhz We are going to install 128MB ram or 256MB (the prices on RAM will...
  14. B

    New Motherboard - Please Help!

    I installed a new Motherboard - XFX Mach 4 (P4XE-MVB) along with a Celeron 2.0 ghz and 2 sticks of PNY 256 DDR PC-2100 memory to replace my 3 year old E-Machines board. I cannot get Windows to fully load - It craps out after seeing the Win ME flash on screen and the screen goes blank and I have...
  15. H

    HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

    Hi There I have 2 computers. They ‘re not connected together and totally separated in two different floors, but somehow when I am using the old one to connect to ISP it keeps saying that “ Connection Error (680). There is no dial tone. The modem did not detect a dial tone or the line is...
  16. O

    New HDD defective? I need advice.

    I just bought two 2TB Toshiba hard drives. They are both brand new and have been used for less than 24 hours. One constantly makes a very quiet but abnormal noise even if only the power cable is connected, while the other is dead silent and only makes noise when it is actually in use. Here's a...
  17. S

    Can I get some feedback?

    I am going to put together my first system from scratch. What do you all think of what I have in mind? · ANTEC Performance PLUS Model PLUS880- with Antec Original TRUE P4 Power Supply 430Watt · Intel P4 Motherboard D850EMD2 For P4 (478) Processors · MSI G4Ti4600-VTD (MS-8872 8872-040) GeForce...
  18. G

    Soyo SY-K7V Dragon+ serial port problem

    Whenever I enable one or both of the serial ports the system boots ok, windows xp pro loads, but everything is very slow. opening an application window takes 2 minutes or longer. if i disable the serial ports, everything runs fine. any ideas?
  19. N

    OCSystem PC2700 CAS 2 5-2-2 1T

    I purchased some OCSystem Expeditious Gamer Series PC2700 333MHz CAS 2/CL2 1T DDR SDRAM from www.ocsystem.com. OCSystem brags that this RAM is capable of these optimal timings CAS 2 5-2-2 1T command. I cannot get these timings to work on my Gigabyte 7VRXP. The timings don't even work at...
  20. G

    Advice on a new mobo...

    Hi folks, long time reader but new poster. I'm looking for input on a new mobo for a system I want to build (for myself). The message is lengthy, so if you're up for a challenge, read on... I used to build custom boxes for IBM some years ago, and I still build my own PCs, but I haven't really...
  21. B

    A7M266 BIOS

    Just thought I'd tell all you people who have the A7M266, that it officially works with the AthlonXP now, with their latest patch. AMD® 761 Chipset A7M266 (5 PCI, 266MHz FSB, 2GB DDR SDRAM support, UltraDMA/100, Optional 3Com® LAN and Cmedia® Audio) - BIOS Upgrade and Road Map ...
  22. J

    no one can help me

    I just bought a 1.2 200 fsb amd TB . Ihave a asus a7v rev 1.02 i got the lastest bios 1008 i set the board up for jumpless . when i put the chip in nothing comes up on the screen. Put back my 800 tb starts up. what im i doing wrong? i did notice even in jumper that i still have to set the dip...
  23. G

    atlonxp1600,xp1700 u see difference?

    im planning to buy a new XP processor from atlon but the price are justified?between the 1600+ and the 1700+,does i got a real boost of power for the price,does ill pay for nothing?plz help
  24. G

    Sound.

    Ok this isn't the right section but there's no one around the sound - nothings movin'. So I thought I'ed ask you guys. Has any one ever heard of the Echo Mia sound card. I'm after a system which I can record from my mixer into the computer and have been informed thats this is probably the best...
  25. G

    Can a GeForce GT 520 be installed on my PC? + Other stuff

    Hi everyone! :hello: I have a question. I want to buy a new graphics card for my Windows 7 PC. I'm thinking about getting a GeForce GT 520 or something better or similar within that price range that's above a 9800 GT (which I currently have). Here are my PC specs: Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit...
  26. S

    My £400 build

    Morning all, Doing my first build, tried to keep the budget to £300, but that failed :( so budget changed to £370 (meaning i have to sell something else of mine to recover my costs! haha ! :D :D :D ) Soooooooooo, this is what i got: AMD FX-6300...
  27. T

    External hard drive data

    My old case of external hard drive was damaged. I bought a new one but it did not get recognized in my computer and had no drive name. So I created a new partition and the drive was visible but I did not format the disk. I can't access the drive and it asks to format the disk. I want to have...
  28. V

    Overclocking Intel Core i5-3570K on Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H Motherboard

    Hello, Is it possible to overclock the i5-3570K on the Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H Motherboard? If yes, what over clocking options are available? I am planning on buying these. wanted to know if I can get the best out of it. Will I be able to change the CPU clock multiplier? Will I be able to change...
  29. kirkbross

    Ahhhh! 1st boot... keeps auto cycling power on and off

    I just powered my new system on for the first time and I have an issue... hopefully just a silly mis-connected cable. Arg! It powers up, all the fans spin up for about two seconds, then it powers off, then it powers itself up again, then off... over and over. No post beep. I'm guessing it's...
  30. D

    Frame rates down after xp- win 7 update

    I have this posted in several forums, because I dont know what is causing problem. Hey Everybody, First time here, hope you can help. My system: Asus A8n SLI deluxe AMD 64 400+ 2.4 gig OCZ DDR400 2 matched pairs total 4 gigs Rosewell 600 watt dual 12v rail 19 amps each. Evga 8800gt...
  31. K

    I'm desesparated my project is always increasing in $$$$$

    Hi guys, I have started a pc project but I don't have the knowledge to pick the bests parts off the market. I want to built my first personnal pc for around 1200$ but I always ended up over 1500$. Maybe my parts can be change for cheapers.... The pc I'd like to built is for multiples uses but I...
  32. P

    System Drops FPS randomly and permanamtly

    I have been using my rig for over a year now. I have been getting some static-like-discharge on the front panel and I it keep shutting it off every time I connected anything to the front ports. I have taken my rig apart to search for possible short cables, didn't find anything. The problem...
  33. T

    $700-$750 Gaming PC Spec Check

    COMPONENTS: CASE: BitFenix Prodigy Arctic White / White Steel / Plastic Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811345017 $80 MOTHERBOARD: Asus P8-H77-I Motherboard http://goo.gl/iQ2ak $105 CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 Processor http://goo.gl/VkfHE $125...
  34. _khan_

    Dell 2408wfp or Nec 2490wuxi2 !

    Which one to buy Dell is 200$ cheaper than nec & also got more inputs than nec but Dell wont performe as good as nec ,i will use it for multitasking & multimedia(gaming & movie) so pls help me to choose the best i will be using it in my next rig (orderd in amazon) which will be powerd by gtx 480
  35. S

    HP Photosmart printers, C310a and C410a toss up

    So I get student discount at HP and they have a line of printers that are fabulous. These are my picks so far:(all HP) D110a 59.99$ C310a 129.99$ B210a 134.99$ and possibly C410a 169.99$ The best overall was C310a as far as price(129.99) and ink. It also was the only one with all the...
  36. G

    Black screen, I can hear the sound though.

    I changed the resolution of the screen and it just went black. I didnt press 'keep settings' or anything. It just happened suddenly. I can hear the sound of windows starting up. Theres no start up logo or BIOS its just all black. Can someone instruct me onto how to fix this please!!
  37. T

    Viewing Angle?

    Greets - Researching the issue I have shows the last time the topic was covered on these forums was 2007, so I figure I am not out of line to ask :) Does anyone know of a good 24" or larger (but not much) LCD which has a better than average viewing angle? Thanks!
  38. C

    Canon EOS 5D Mark II

    I have a question regarding the camera, Canon EOS 5D Mark II. First of all. Is this camera worth it, are there any other camera that's worth more for the bucks? This camera is for an enthusiast picture taker. Also, if this camera is better than the Nikon D700 then where can i find the...
  39. K

    deleted

    deleted
  40. M

    Hp scanjet 4c

    I have a HP scanjet 4c. The software I have does not allow me to scan and save the image as a jpg or gif. Is there another software that is compatabile with this scanner that will allow this?