£2000 Gaming Computer

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

It snaps in. Seat the bottom properly then if needed one at a time on the two tops. Apply pressure, forward and slightly downward, with one finger just behind the I/O tabs holding it in place with the other hand.

marakh

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Managed to do it... Okay all I got left is the drives, and connecting all the power cables. I've done everything else I think. One question, for the SLI bridge, does it matter which two gold connector things it's connected to? There are 2 options on each card

Use the connectors closest to the I/O (rear) and then once the nVidia Control panel (drivers) are installed Enable SLI. The first time there should be a task bar notification for 'performance' pop-up.

SLI Bridge:
DSC_9640.jpg

dpp_sunny

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I read somewhere (long time ago, didn't bookmark the link) that by using both the SLI bridges would yield a small improvement in performance, though it might not be considerably higher. I don't know the logic but if you have an additional bridge, it wouldn't hurt to use both.

dpp_sunny

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

No, it doesn't matter. I would start from the first one. Hard drives first and then optical ones. Just to keep it organised.

dpp_sunny

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Do you mean the floppy connectors? Just google 'floppy power connector' for images and see if thats what you mean.

marakh

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Switched it on without screens or sides, the lights came on and it beeped a couple if times (I put a thing labelled speaker into the motherboard), and the fans spun the right way:D

Sounds like molex connectors. They don't do much these days, they've been (mostly) replaced by SATA power connectors.

0323_MED.jpg