£300-375 budget Build, Need help shaving ~£60 off this build.

Solution
Yea I wasn't suggesting the op didn't do well for the budget of the parts listed but it's already a low end psu, there's worse than the 950 but it's no gaming monster, the cpu is about as low as you can go as well as the motherboard and case (outside of using a pizza box). It's already going to be a low end gaming pc as it is, maybe lower mid range at best and cutting another 60 pounds off it is going to make it a slideshow for pretty much anything other than solitaire.

No fat left to trim and if it's 60 pounds over budget in its current state I think the op would be better off with a console. They'd get more consistent enjoyable game play out of it. Either that or save up a bit, if anything I'd be looking to improve some components...
Honestly I don't see anyplace to shave that much off that build. It's already going to be a lower end gaming rig and those individual parts prices are about rock bottom as it is. If you need a copy of windows that will only make the build price go up. If gaming is what you're after and you can't fit what you've got listed into your budget I'd recommend a console like a ps4. Amazon.uk has them for 243 pounds.

Justinsanity

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2015

I somewhat disagree. I'm surprised he managed to squeeze in a 950 with that budget. Its mostly the CPU and Mobo that needs an upgrade. The rest of the build is ok.

I do, however, agree with the fact that there is no way we're gonna shave £80 off the rig and keep it in the "gaming" category. Sorry OP :(

Yea I wasn't suggesting the op didn't do well for the budget of the parts listed but it's already a low end psu, there's worse than the 950 but it's no gaming monster, the cpu is about as low as you can go as well as the motherboard and case (outside of using a pizza box). It's already going to be a low end gaming pc as it is, maybe lower mid range at best and cutting another 60 pounds off it is going to make it a slideshow for pretty much anything other than solitaire.

No fat left to trim and if it's 60 pounds over budget in its current state I think the op would be better off with a console. They'd get more consistent enjoyable game play out of it. Either that or save up a bit, if anything I'd be looking to improve some components of that pc not cut them down further. A bunch of low end parts may end up being more of a headache than it's worth compared to saving up a bit more and putting together a gaming pc that won't disappoint.

I don't live in the UK so not sure what's around on the used market. Might be worth trying to find an inexpensive used i3 build or something and even if it doesn't have a gaming gpu add the gtx 950 to it.

Solution

Justinsanity

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2015
Yeah I agree with you there. He's gonna need to save up to add better parts at this point, not wear them down. I did research that CPU and it does manage to run BF4 on Ultra at 40-70 fps. I forgot what GPU was used but I think it was in the 700 series.