Question İ connected SSD with SATA cable but became a slave ?

Aug 13, 2022
Can you actually describe what is happening in addition to your full specs? Just saying "became a slave" doesn't really mean anything since it's not 1992. Do you mean how do you select your OS drive? You do that in BIOS.

Only ssd installed, I connected the ssd with sata cable, and ssd it seems as third ide master

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I guess my motherboard doesn't support ahci so There are only compatible and enhanced modes How much lower performance do I get compared to AHCI Can i use it on sata 2 speed

Instead of guessing out loud to yourself, you could actually tell us about your computer, which might give us a chance to help you, and describe what's happening. All you're doing is just saying computer terminology used for 1990s PC components.

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Master/Slave is an old term that ended when SATA (serial) replaced the PATA (parallel) interface. Popular from the 80's-90's. your mahine searches for which drive is the boot drive you installed the OS on or bootable optical disk or memory stick.
The machine won't recognize the new drive as a boot drive unless it has a bootable OS installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: user1922822