Question ‘Application Hang Detected’ error

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2019
Hi every time I load into a game of fortnite my game crashes and it says Application Hang Detected then shuts the game down. I’ve tried uninstalling the game and re installing at and still nothing is working. Please help

swineadam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
you might try the following and see if it works...

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"HungAppTimeout"="300000"

the value represents milliseconds. ( so this would be 5minutes ) and i forget the default value, but you can always just completely delete the HungAppTimeout entry and Windows will use whatever the default is.

might have to reboot. also... if you have applications/programs hanging at the time of shutdown/restarting the PC, and if they aren't quitting on their own, this entry could cause the shutdown/restart to take longer.

Jun 23, 2019
you might try the following and see if it works...

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"HungAppTimeout"="300000"

the value represents milliseconds. ( so this would be 5minutes ) and i forget the default value, but you can always just completely delete the HungAppTimeout entry and Windows will use whatever the default is.

might have to reboot. also... if you have applications/programs hanging at the time of shutdown/restarting the PC, and if they aren't quitting on their own, this entry could cause the shutdown/restart to take longer.
I have the issue but i dont know what this means. Could u explain what this means

swineadam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
i don't know if it will resolve anything for anyone, but the entry has proven useful for me over the years. basically all that happens is when a game/program is loading it will reach some kind of stalling point. it won't matter how good your PC is, it is just a poorly made program. if you happen to click the game/program during this time, it will ghost out and will put in the title "Not Responding". this effectively means that Windows will treat the window as being "hung", which can potentially lead to slower load times.

all this entry does is make it so that the window isn't treated as "hung" and labeled "Not Responding" so quickly. if you want to try it, you can add that to your registry. it is a string value.

Jun 23, 2019
i don't know if it will resolve anything for anyone, but the entry has proven useful for me over the years. basically all that happens is when a game/program is loading it will reach some kind of stalling point. it won't matter how good your PC is, it is just a poorly made program. if you happen to click the game/program during this time, it will ghost out and will put in the title "Not Responding". this effectively means that Windows will treat the window as being "hung", which can potentially lead to slower load times.

all this entry does is make it so that the window isn't treated as "hung" and labeled "Not Responding" so quickly. if you want to try it, you can add that to your registry. it is a string value.

I went that location after I figured out what it was but it does not show up

swineadam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
I went that location after I figured out what it was but it does not show up

it isn't present by default, and will have to be added.

you can just add that code to a new text file using Notepad. use "Save As..." from the File menu and click the dropdown box for "save as type:" and select all. then add .reg to the end of your file name.

Status
Not open for further replies.