‘Deus Ex: Mankind Divided’ Delayed To August 23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
"There’s no doubt that fans will be disappointed about the long delay..."

They shouldn't be. They should be thrilled. Fans will be excited that the devs are taking their time to make the game as good as it should be. Only plebs will be angry that they can't get their gratification as soon as possible.

Vesalius1

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
I honestly was surprised how soon the original release date was after the games announcement. Not angry, because I'm not surprised. It already looks gorgeous, hope it will be well optimized...

However, I will listen to future gameplay trailers at 60fps to see if Adam sounds like a suave Mickey mouse.... :p

MannyBones

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
"'There’s no doubt that fans will be disappointed about the long delay...'

They shouldn't be. They should be thrilled. Fans will be excited that the devs are taking their time to make the game as good as it should be. Only plebs will be angry that they can't get their gratification as soon as possible. "

Anyone disappointed by 6 months needs to talk to a Half-Life fan.

giorov

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Yay!, I need time to play the games I'm already working on anyway lol
I hope they add some tessellation and more DX12 features too. :3

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
They shouldn't be. They should be thrilled. Fans will be excited that the devs are taking their time to make the game as good as it should be. Only plebs will be angry that they can't get their gratification as soon as possible.

Correct. I was annoyed at first, but then I remembered that I still haven't even started Witcher 3, might want to get Fallout 4 and there will be Mirror's Edge 2 in the summer. Deus Ex: Human Revolution, as great as it was, had some major stuff cut out of it (whole another city to visit, Bombay IIRC, which was half-finished even) to meet the release date. If they can avoid that with Mankind Divided, that would be great. And yeah, more DX12 goodness can't hurt :D

j5689

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
Works out perfectly, more time to play XCOM which comes out in February. I was worried I might have to choose between the two lol. Then there's still something to look forward to in the summer and it should be amazing by then

BrutalAttis

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
I applaud developers that can wait to release a game rather that release with too many bugs. I have reach a point that I will wait 1-3 months after a game release before getting it and only after reading if the game is stable. I have been burnt once too many by crappy AAA releases. A smooth game play experience is so much more satisfying that dealing with crashes and having read and hunt for some bizarre work around to solved whatever bug you encounter.

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
of course any fan of the series or of good games like these will be disappointed and yes, you should be. but given the choice to play a rushed out bugged version or a finished and polished working version hopefully all would choose the latter. if i didn't have 6 other games lined up already i would like to see the original planned release as a beta, but as it is i'm sure i will have plenty to keep me busy until next summer.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
of course any fan of the series or of good games like these will be disappointed and yes, you should be. but given the choice to play a rushed out bugged version or a finished and polished working version hopefully all would choose the latter. if i didn't have 6 other games lined up already i would like to see the original planned release as a beta, but as it is i'm sure i will have plenty to keep me busy until next summer.

considering many bugs aren't game breaking, i would rather have it sooner and have it patched for 6 months than wait... how do i know when im going to die?

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
true, but after you're dead your existing particles finding their new places in the web of energy that is our universe wouldn't be too concerned i'm sure.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
considering many bugs aren't game breaking, i would rather have it sooner and have it patched for 6 months than wait... how do i know when im going to die?

Deus Ex isn't Witcher, TES or Fallout. Despite a deep plot, quest-driven progression and multiple approaches to each objective, it's still rather linear, so it doesn't suffer from many quest-breaking bugs. Having this game earlier will mean sacrificing story content first and foremost rather than stability or graphics polish. That's why they need these 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.