‘Star Wars Battlefront’ Benchmarks: A Beautiful Galaxy Far, Far Away

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

If you and the other complainers had bothered to actually READ the article you would have seen that personal systems were used, if you have a problem with AMD CPU's not being chosen for those personal systems perhaps you should get your wallet out and buy them the systems you want used in future test where personal systems are used.

nayrnayr1

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015

I do read the article, but they didn't chose an AMD system and that is my problem...

...you don't seem to be getting the point made about this in the article or by the Guru of Gravy. The systems used in this test were not built specifically for this purpose. These systems belong to myself and other members of Tom's editorial news staff. So when you say your problem is that we didn't choose an AMD system, you are essentially saying that you have a problem that we opted to purchase Intel based systems for our personal use, which really doesn't make any sense.

If we were building these systems solely for this purpose and nothing else, we would have included a wider range of systems, including a few AMD based systems, but that is not the case. As I mentioned above, we have even pressed an AMD A10-6800K system into service for future articles like this, but it was not functioning at the time we were testing this game, and so we were not able to include those results in this benchmark.

Also, I'd like to point out that incite isn't the word you would have used there. That would be insight.
That was great! Judging by the comments the article has incited some of the readers and been insightful for others.

Would the article have had broader relevance with an AMD CPU or two in the mix, of course. But it also would have been if you did a full detailed breakdown with numerous CPUs & GPUs, does hyperthreading make a difference, how much VRAM or System RAM do you need at different settings a resolutions, etc, etc, etc. Then it goes from a small one page article to a massive review. I have no issues with smaller articles like this as long as you're upfront about the limitations and I think you kinda did that in the first paragraph.

If your choice was publish with no AMD CPUs, or wait until the AMD CPU was ready and this article was less and less relevant, publish! I'd prefer limited information (that acknowledges its limitations) than no information.

elw

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015

elw

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
You can find CPU BENCH on FX processors 8370 and 8320e on gamersnexus. For me it looks that SWB is running on FX series NEARLY as good as you were playing Battlefield 4. Pitty Toms are not up to bench FX processors for us here, would be worth to look at it as myself running 8300. -:)

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012

I don't see the point in testing it with a few different systems, especially without an FX chip to see how well it runs on multiple cores.
Who even pairs a 5930k with a 390x? Honestly?

The system used were "personal systems" so if you want a test done on a system of your choosing then get your wallet out and buy it for the staff of THG, put up or shut up.

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012

When I get an email from Tomshardware about a benchmark on a game, I expect it to be a quality review. Last I checked, they've done those before, so I don't know why they couldn't have done one this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.