• Sylvester Stallone Launches New WiFi Standard

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockerrb

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
Don't you guys have something better to do than make up stupid stories? Like cover real news. This crap isn't even remotely funny

bradlei303

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
It would only be funny if it was true... if someone just made up this crap out of now where I don't really c how it's funny... I wouldn't mind some actual funny humor though. But even with the note I always wonder is this funny real news or wanna be funny fake news, the later seeming pointless which always makes me think it must be true.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
I can't say comedy is exactly Tom's forte. BOM already destroyed Tom's Games with that flash junk. Now they're slowly turning the news section into a joke as well. I'm all for a bit of humor, but keep it separate from the serious stuff.

G

Ive been reading tomshardware a LONG time now. I wanna say a decade, but it might just be shy of that. Its been awhile.

Toms has seriously lost its way. The last few years the quality has really gone downhill. A few months ago i basically stopped reading the site for a month or 2. Then it seemed like you guys realized that your site had gone to crap and you actually started doing some decent articles again. However the last few weeks is once again utter crap.

Need to get rid of this garbage, and get back to your roots.

G

I THINK HAVING A STALON BUST TO HOLD MY ROUTER WOULD BE WAY COOL!!

pwndcake

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
Hi, I like to complain and don't understand this "laughter" thing I keep hearing about. Thanks for writing something to fill the empty lives of me and my kind.

shades_aus

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Wait till Chuck Norris finds out about this!!
Oh, that's right, he already has and that's why this standard never made it to market. I believe all the developers were killed by a roundhouse to the head. Fancy that.
I guess that's why the Virgin Islands were just called "The Islands" after Chuck went for a holiday there.

[citation][nom]ailgatrat[/nom]ROFL! GuyFi? Cisco had better put out SheFi and GayFi if they don't want to get sued by the ACLU!!![/citation]

sorry both standards were scrapped when they got interference from BiFi

I would prefer real articles as well. However, perhaps there isn't much news out there to post. The humor articles are clearly marked, and do possess a little giggle-factor.. if only in how rediculous they are. Honestly, a bust of stalone as slyfy? The sad truth is that somewhere in the world someone may have a bust like the photo as a computer mod. I've seen stranger. My 2cents.

ceteras

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
[citation][nom]areader32123[/nom]Ive been reading tomshardware a LONG time now. I wanna say a decade, but it might just be shy of that. Its been awhile.Toms has seriously lost its way. The last few years the quality has really gone downhill. A few months ago i basically stopped reading the site for a month or 2. Then it seemed like you guys realized that your site had gone to crap and you actually started doing some decent articles again. However the last few weeks is once again utter crap.Need to get rid of this garbage, and get back to your roots.[/citation]

[citation][nom]chainreaction[/nom]I wish these fake news storys were banned from toms hardware. It does nothing to add to the site.[/citation]

I'm with you guys.

This is not even funny.

But, it's the majority who decides... so THG will follow the Gaussian mediocre majority, as the business rules dictate. It's no surprise you get down-rated for voicing your opinion.

The sad thing is, these are really slow days in the tech industry, not much to talk about.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
[citation][nom]areader32123[/nom]Ive been reading tomshardware a LONG time now. I wanna say a decade, but it might just be shy of that. Its been awhile.Toms has seriously lost its way. The last few years the quality has really gone downhill. A few months ago i basically stopped reading the site for a month or 2. Then it seemed like you guys realized that your site had gone to crap and you actually started doing some decent articles again. However the last few weeks is once again utter crap.Need to get rid of this garbage, and get back to your roots.[/citation]

Indeed, the charts section use to be helpful for comparing hard drives and the like. Now its just a pain because stats of the drives have been pulled and replaced with a link to a shopping area which lacks the stats of the drives. So what use to be a nice comparison tool is now a marketing/partner ad space.

Status
Not open for further replies.