Question 0,79 GHz on Core I7-8750H

Jun 19, 2019
Hello, recently i have issues with my laptop Acer Triton 500 with cpu I7-8750H.

I start windows and i have cpu locked on 0,79 GHz. I read some topics for this and i tried to work on battery to 0% but this didn't help.

I try go to safe boot and there was normal GHz.

So i also download Techpowerup and this unlock GHz to 3,8 but when i restart computer and programm is close it still shown only 0,79 GHz.

Can someone help please to fix this permanently?
CCEp.png

Jun 19, 2019
Hello, problem is that it still showing 0,79GHz even if i do things. Only when i run Throttlestop it is working normal. And yes it is in task manager.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
Hello, problem is that it still showing 0,79GHz even if i do things. Only when i run Throttlestop it is working normal. And yes it is in task manager.
Uninstall any programs that change your CPU settings, and download HWMonitor from CPUID to see what your temperatures are looking like on your CPU. Also, make sure your PC is charged sufficiently and plugged in if you want the highest speeds.

Jun 19, 2019
Update: So i found out that unplug a battery should help and i had in plan to add second ssd, so i take apart computer and when i assemble it all together and run computer it suddenly working fine now. So maybe there was something wrong with battery but i dont know, now it works as should be.
WJbq.png