[SOLVED] 0% GPU Usage When Gaming

Sep 26, 2020
Hey Guys,

Been playing a lot of Call of Duty recently and havent really had any issues with the game apart from the usual stuff youd get with online games. I decided to check my CPU/GPU usage through task manager and for some reason it showed my GPU usage at 0-1% and my CPU between 60-70%.

Not exactly sure why its doing that, my games working fine, no FPS drops or anything. I have a i7-9700k CPU and a Gigabyte 2080.

Ive checked my Nvidia control panel settings and theres nothing that seems out of the ordinary though i could have missed something.

I just assumed that when gaming the GPU usage should be quite high but for some reason it isnt. Any ideas on what i can do? Or if something is even wrong.

Thanks! :D

Solution
I downloaded MSI afterburner to monitor usage. That made more sense as GPU usage was in the 90% range.
Still curious as to why task manager was showing weirly low percentages. Im assuming CPU load should be at certain level when gaming too?
Task Manager only shows the activity of four "engines" on the GPU. On a given NVIDIA GPU, there's around a dozen things it can show. The game you're running is likely hitting the "Graphics_1" chart instead of the 3D one

I9xTXt1.png
Sep 26, 2020
Please post your entire system specification including monitor refresh rate and resolution.

But in short IMO...

I would say don't worry about it. Just make sure your drivers are up to date.

I downloaded MSI afterburner to monitor usage. That made more sense as GPU usage was in the 90% range.
Still curious as to why task manager was showing weirly low percentages. Im assuming CPU load should be at certain level when gaming too?

Task Manager only shows the activity of four "engines" on the GPU. On a given NVIDIA GPU, there's around a dozen things it can show. The game you're running is likely hitting the "Graphics_1" chart instead of the 3D one

I9xTXt1.png

Reactions: Ts91
Solution