Question 0% usage of gpu when i replaced it

Sep 5, 2022
I have a Dell pc, i remove the gtx660 gpu to add in the 1070. i thoguht my computer didnt have the capacity to get the 1070 becuase it also showed 0% and i got 15 fps on rust when i tried it. But when i changed it back to the 660 it is the same thing. when i press ALT+R it shows up and it says i got 0% gpu exploitation

Dell Inc, Vostro 470.
Yes i think i insstalled it, on geforce expirince?
I would say do a reinstall and see if it helps:
  • Download the latest drivers (use https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us )
  • Disconnect the computer from the internet
  • Uninstall the drivers through Control Panel -> Programs and Features
  • Restart the computer, or shut down and replace the video card if you haven't already
  • Install the new drivers
  • You can connect the internet back in afterwards
The reason for disconnecting the computer from the internet is to prevent Windows from trying to get a default driver.

Sep 5, 2022
  • Download the latest drivers (use https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us )
  • Restart the computer, or shut down and replace the video card if you haven't already
The reason for disconnecting the computer from the internet is to prevent Windows from trying to get a default driver.
OK thanks i will try. THank you!

Sep 5, 2022
i installed it and removed and reinstalled, but it is still laggy

Sep 5, 2022
is my gtx 660 broken or something?

sometimes my gpu is about 2-11% but at the most 0% it doesnt show anything now when iam opening rust.
What I mean is Task Manager will tell you which GPU an app is running on (see the GPU Engine column):
mzGgVMq.png

Notice how it says "GPU1". In the "Performance" tab, it'll tell you what "GPU1" is:
dT4OqKx.png

In this case, GPU 1 is the integrated GPU, so Firefox is running off of my integrated GPU.

when i open it is
BPS I/T
99%BPS I/T
rendering latency I/T
exploitation of cpu 24%
exploitation of graphchsprossesor 0%
Where are you seeing this?

Sep 5, 2022
What I mean is Task Manager will tell you which GPU an app is running on (see the GPU Engine column):
mzGgVMq.png

Notice how it says "GPU1". In the "Performance" tab, it'll tell you what "GPU1" is:
dT4OqKx.png

In this case, GPU 1 is the integrated GPU, so Firefox is running off of my integrated GPU.

Where are you seeing this?
i dont have the GPU 1. i only have the 5 first ones(CPU,MEMORY,DISK ,WIFI and GPU 0.)

iam seeing this when i press ALT+R
BPS I/T
99%BPS I/T
rendering latency I/T
exploitation of cpu 24%
exploitation of graphchsprossesor 0%

no but nvidia expirience does it.

what do you think about my gpu? i only have GPU 0 not GPU 1
Actually I find it weird you don't have two GPUs since the CPU should have an integrated GPU, but that's irrelevant to the problem.

I probably should've caught this earlier, but I'm going to point at the computer's PSU is having issues. The documentation on Dell's website say it's a 330W/460W unit. Given its age, throwing in a GTX 1070 in there would've too much for the PSU. So I'd probably start with replacing that next

Sep 5, 2022
Actually I find it weird you don't have two GPUs since the CPU should have an integrated GPU, but that's irrelevant to the problem.

I probably should've caught this earlier, but I'm going to point at the computer's PSU is having issues. The documentation on Dell's website say it's a 330W/460W unit. Given its age, throwing in a GTX 1070 in there would've too much for the PSU. So I'd probably start with replacing that next
Yeah, so you think my PSU is broken?

Sep 5, 2022

what is kinda weird is that i changed my PSU AND 1070 into my pc. but when nothing worked i changed the psu and gtx 660 back. so everything is normal. My normal psu havent touched the 1070.