0x00021a Error on Windows 8.1

Mohd Azylee

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014
Hi. I got 0x00021a that was on blue screen of death. mostly happen while i play a game called Blackshot . i googled this error( 0x00021a) that was mean to hardware error or the system process was damaged.

Any how.. to fix this error?

using windows 8.1

AMD radeon HD 5450

INTEL E7400 that clocked at 3.4 ghz

Solution
Well your more recent dump the system doesn't know but the others according to what you provided suggest that the ntoskernle crashed and it's suggesting that..

"There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time."

So you will need to make sure you have all of the patches and updates to windows. Scan your computer while in safe mode for any virus and malware. If all of that checks out you will then need to look at the apps and programs you have running while playing that game and it's even possible that it is the game itself. You will need to narrow it down by eliminating the...

neieus

Distinguished
The crash dump will be located in the following location C:\Windows\Minidump. You will need a program to read it such as Windows debugger or whocrashed. I suggest you use whocrashed because it's a lot easier to use than Windows debugger.

Mohd Azylee

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014

ok. I used the program as you suggest and it was whocrashed. i download and installed it and here it is.. The crash dump .

Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 12/9/2014 12:13:47 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFFFFF97F33490)
Bugcheck code: 0xC000021A (0xFFFFFFFF97F33490, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
Bug check description: This means that an error has occurred in a crucial user-mode subsystem.
There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

On Tue 12/9/2014 6:56:05 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120914-30968-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xFE9D4)
Bugcheck code: 0xC000021A (0xFFFFFFFFC81E5818, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This means that an error has occurred in a crucial user-mode subsystem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 12/4/2014 5:48:32 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120414-13703-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC000021A (0xFFFFFFFF89B7EB30, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 11/28/2014 7:00:20 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112814-20015-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC000021A (0xFFFFFFFFCA4DB558, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

and what's the problem now?

neieus

Distinguished
Well your more recent dump the system doesn't know but the others according to what you provided suggest that the ntoskernle crashed and it's suggesting that..

"There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time."

So you will need to make sure you have all of the patches and updates to windows. Scan your computer while in safe mode for any virus and malware. If all of that checks out you will then need to look at the apps and programs you have running while playing that game and it's even possible that it is the game itself. You will need to narrow it down by eliminating the programs and apps you have running until you stop crashing then enable them one at a time until you find the culprit.

Basically you will need to do a process of elimination.

Solution

Mohd Azylee

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014

I did a scan with windows defender and malwarebyte on other system but same os. i installed other windows 8 on other hard drive.and i scan my old os and i got viruses. i was my game trainers that mean game hacking XD but i deleted it all. then i delete the new os and use the old one. what do you mean by 'Basically you will need to do a process of elimination'
I have to kill some process one by one? oh that gonna be long. anyway, do I really need to do that? or maybe my game was the cause?

Nvm. I will try do what you say

execpt the virus scan..

neieus

Distinguished
Yes you will need to kill a process or not start up a process one at a time until you find the faulting program. The issue is that the more you have on your system the higher the chance something can go wrong. Unfortunately the dump wasn't able to point to anything specific.

Mohd Azylee

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014

There was a lot of update for Windows 8.1. I think the update has fixed this error ..

Mohd Azylee

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014

Yeap. The updates from windows fix the error . thanks a lot.