[SOLVED] 0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired"

Aug 4, 2018
I just bought a new ssd today and wanted to clone my windows installation to the new ssd from my old ssd. I installed macrium reflect 7 and everything went smoothly and I restarted my PC went into the BIOS and selected my new ssd as the bootdrive and got into windows. Since I thought everything went alright I decided to wipe my old ssd and because my new one is bigger I also added the still unallocated space to the windows installation (probably were I did something wrong). Afterwards I wanted to restart my PC and got smashed with the following error:

Recovery
Your PC/device needs to be repaired
A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.
Error code: 0xc000000e
You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a dice or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.
Press enter to try again
Press f1 to enter recovery environment
Press f8 for startup settings
Press esc for EUFI firmware settings

So first I hit enter and got the same.
Then I hit f1 and my PC restarted and came back to the same screen.
Then I hit f8 which just flicks the screen to black for a split second and then goes back to the same screen.
Then I hit esc which brought me to my bios.

I removed all the connected drives from my PC (3 in total) and then reconnected the new ssd in the old ssd sata1 slot and got the same message.

So I knew I had to get an installation USB which I did and started searching the web for answers.

I tried every bootrec command

/Fixmbr gave a successful message
/Fixboot gave an access denied message

/Scanos found my windows installation on my new ssd.

/Rebuildbcd found my windows installation but when I type "y" as answer it tells me: the system cannot find the path specified.

Then I tried
attrib C:\Boot\BCD -h -r -s
But I got the following error: C:\Boot\BCD FILE NOT FOUND

Then I used bcdboot C:\windows
This successfully creates boot files it says. So I restarted again but got the same error. However I now have 2 of the same boot drives(bad wording let me ellaborate)
I own a msi B350m pro-vdh motherboard which allwaus me to boot override in the save & exit menu.

Since I used the bcdboot C:windows command I now have 2 windows boot manager(sata1: Kingston sa400s37480g) 1 of them (the top one) gives me the error when I try to boot from it.

And the other one gives me either a bad system config info error.
Or it shows the same screen as the first one but a bit different text and a new error called: 0xc0000001.

If you want to do a upgrade installation of Windows 10 I know you need to be able to load into windows which I can't do. But also whenever I try to run the windows 10 installation from my USB I get a message stating the following: a media driver your computer needs is missing.
When I click cancel I get keep being on the same screen it just doesn't show any drivers to install. When I then remove the USB and reinsert it, it does nothing and when I also change USB spot I doesn't change a thing. When I click browse and select local disk(c:) which is my windows installation it says no drivers were found.

I got the windows 10 iso from their official website and extracted the files to my USB using my galaxy s9+

I'm currently out of idea's and very sad as well. There is a lot of sensitive data on that drive like (projects I worked on and such) that I need so a fresh install of Windows on that drive is no option also because I can't even install Windows anyway.

I can see my bcd file using cmd and everything looks okay on it but ofcourse I might be wrong.

When I use list partition for my ssd

I get the following
Part 1 type is recovery 450mb
Part 2 type is system 100mb
Part 3 type is reserved 16mb
Part 4 type is primary 446gb

That system partition is the remnant of an OS X dualboot that I did 3 years ago. Well at least that's what I think, (I read that somewhere while looking for an answer to my problem) might not be that at all so take it with a grain of salt.

When I do select partition for both part 2 and 4 I get the selected disk is not a fixed mbr disk.

I'm totally out of idea's right now and pulling all my hair's out. Does anyone know what's wrong with my ssd or what's wrong with my windows installation.

Otherwise I'll redo the making of my windows 10 installation drive and install Windows 10 to the old ssd.
In that case my question would be if there are any programs out there that can copy windows 10 files with to another drive so I dont need to reconfigure all of my programs.

Please someone help me I'm desperate.

Solution
I fixed it by formatting the system partition (partition 2) and then using bcdboot C:\Windows /s N: /f UEFI
I still don't know what the problem was but this seemed to have fixed the problem even though my clone is kinda slow but from here on I can do an upgrade installation so everything is fine.
Aug 4, 2018
I fixed it by formatting the system partition (partition 2) and then using bcdboot C:\Windows /s N: /f UEFI
I still don't know what the problem was but this seemed to have fixed the problem even though my clone is kinda slow but from here on I can do an upgrade installation so everything is fine.

Solution