1 Card for displaying and another for rendering

l_jones

Reputable
Jan 25, 2017
This question was asked on 'Lumion' forums, which seems to be some kind of CAD program:

Hi,

Not sure if this question was asked, cuz i can't find it.
But is it possible to have your display on 1 card and another card do all the heavy lifting (eg. rendering & calculations). I have 2 X ATI R9 280x's and would like to use it fully.

I'm not talking about crossfire or sli.

Thanks

(They said it could be done btw)

I was just wondering if this could be applied to all programs or many games, as I am currently using a 1050ti with a 750 sitting in a box doing nothing.

I'll have to buy a new power supply to run both GPU's so was wondering if it would be worth the money.

I feel like it would be more worthwhile when I get a new monitor 100+hz and probably 2k.

Thanks,

(neither of them can run SLI)

Solution
No.

Also, why would you want to? You're being very vague about WHAT you want to display and what you want to render. The task of literally displaying an image/frame on a screen is trivial. All the work is done on the render (aka, determining what that image should look like).
No.

Also, why would you want to? You're being very vague about WHAT you want to display and what you want to render. The task of literally displaying an image/frame on a screen is trivial. All the work is done on the render (aka, determining what that image should look like).

Solution