[SOLVED] 1 graphics card 2 extended monitor displays

Jan 24, 2019
1 graphics card 2 extended monitor displays

One monitor is vga only the other is dvi-d. I have tried to hook them up with a simple dvi-d to dvi-d to vga. However it will only allow display vga only or dvi-d only. Then i split into dual vga and display vga only is all i get it wont let me extend.

What can i do?

Solution
You need an active adapter for DVI-D to VGA if your monitor is VGA. Your post is a bit confusing about what you have connected and how. You have two monitors with VGA only correct? What cables and adapters are you connecting to the card and then to the monitor. Describe it exactly like VGA port with VGA cable to monitor 2, then DVI-D port has this brand adapter to VGA cable to the second monitor, or however you have it connected. Also list what you see in Display Manger for connected monitors.

Jan 24, 2019
Hang the 9,
The graphics card has 1 dvi-d connector. Which i split from dvi-d to dvi-d to monitor 1 and dvi-d to vga to monitor 2. If i have monitor hooked into split it only send video feed to it. if i unplug it from the splitter it sends the feed back to monitor 1. But will not both display at the same time. Then i converted the dvi-d to vga on the card with and adapter, and split the vga signal to both monitors. this gives me both screens but they will only mirror. It will not let me extend the view. I read that all i am doing is splitting one signal and if i want to extend the screen i have to have another signal from the card, through another port. I dont have another port other than hdmi. I used and hdmi to vga adapter and it would recognize that there was a device when i went to add a device. I am lost with this maybe you can help with something i havent thought of, know, or tried.

A splitter off a single port on the video card will only show you the same screen on both monitors. List the video card brand and model and the monitors brand and model. Without listing what you have it is very hard to sort out what you need to do. Also list the brand and models of all those adapters you are using. If the card you have has DVI-D and HDMI and the monitors are VGA only then you will need active converters on both of those ports for VGA signals. Not a splitter, one monitor to one port.

Solution