Question 1 long 2 short beeps - no display

Apr 7, 2022
Few days ago when I just woke up and guess what my psu was broken and not working, fans would just start for a second and then stop.
Well I just bought a new psu and turned on the pc, and then it started a 1 long and 2 short beep loop.
I've already tested it without graphics card (onboard graphics).
CPU: Intel core I3 8100
GPU: nvidia gt 740
motherboard: asus H310-plus R2.0
Storage: don't remember but it's not hdd it's ssd
RAM: geil 8g ddr4 (2400mhz I guess)
New psu: green GED series gp600w
Old psu: sorry but I don't remeber

(Sorry for my bad English)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

my psu was ripped and not working,
So you PSU was partially stolen? (somewhat pun intended)

Make and model of the motherboard, please? Would help the community if we knew of your specs to your build in case one or more of your parts are the issue. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the make and models as well as the age of both PSU's.

Can someone please at least give me a method to test the motherboard?

It's not possible to test directly your motherboard. You'll have to work by elimination. We suppose your new PSU is OK.

Your CPU has an iGPU, so take ,out the GPU (nvidia gt 740 ) and connect the monitor to one of the connectors from the motherboard.
If still no boot, disconnect the SSD. Try to boot.
If still nothing, take out the RAM (one at a time if several sticks).
If still nothing, only the motherboard and the CPU remain a possibility.

but without another motherboard on which to test the CPU, you can not be sure, but motherboard fail much more frequently than the CPU

Apr 7, 2022
It's not possible to test directly your motherboard. You'll have to work by elimination. We suppose your new PSU is OK.

Your CPU has an iGPU, so take ,out the GPU (nvidia gt 740 ) and connect the monitor to one of the connectors from the motherboard.
If still no boot, disconnect the SSD. Try to boot.
If still nothing, take out the RAM (one at a time if several sticks).
If still nothing, only the motherboard and the CPU remain a possibility.

but without another motherboard on which to test the CPU, you can not be sure, but motherboard fail much more frequently than the CPU
Yes I did so everything else is ok except motherboard and cpu? And how can I test each one?

Apr 7, 2022
I guess it's motherboard because it's still giving vga error even without graphics card
Anyway I will test others soon

Edit: since it's holidays I can't test them today also I took out the cpu and motherboard wasn't working just fans were spinning, does it mean anything? or its normal?

Last edited: