Question 1 Monitor is darker in my dual monitor setup ? Maybe flux issue? Maybe HDMI?

Ari145

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2015
So I've had 2 monitors for a while with this setup and ever since I can remember, my secondary monitor (HDMI port) has always been slightly darker tinted (main monitor is on the right and was plugged into DVI port), recently I got a new monitor for my main monitor (upgraded to 240 hz) and now the newer monitor (HDMI/Display port) is slightly tinted darker, or like a yellowish warmer tint? Below is the best showing of the contrast i could get:
https://gyazo. com/a6956915ace9bff51f013cb32e8cdeb2

I've messed around with a bunch of settings, checked the night light settings, etc, but i can't get them to match, It's not super necessary but i feel like no matter what brightness i turn the right monitor to, nothing is quite the same as the left 1

1 fix i found was going into nvidia control panel and overriding the display settings but i realized it was just overriding flux (which i also dont want)

so im thinking flux is the issue? i turned flux off, then the monitors matched, so i thought maybe flux was working on the right monitor but not the left...so i tested it and no, flux still works on both monitors but for some reason its more pronounced on the right? so i don't think its a matter of HDMI vs DVI or my new Viewsonic monitor being bad (although i did see people complaining about the max brightness), I think it might be an issue with flux? but how can i fix it? any ideas?

EDIT: nvm the main 1 is still darker even without flux on...just tryna figure out how to brighten it i guess... X_X

Last edited:

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
I had two Samsung T230 Monitors and primary (Monitor 1) was always slightly brighter than the other after setting the OCD of the monitors exactly the same.

You may never get the colors to match exactly unless the monitors are the same Make, Model and Size. Even then, the colors may be slightly off if made on different production runs.

Reactions: Ari145

Ari145

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2015
I had two Samsung T230 Monitors and primary (Monitor 1) was always slightly brighter than the other after setting the OCD of the monitors exactly the same.

You may never get the colors to match exactly unless the monitors are the same Make, Model and Size. Even then, the colors may be slightly off if made on different production runs.
the 2 monitors i had (before i got this new 1) were the exact same make, it's beyond annoying, how do i get rid of the tint atleast X_X

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Go through the Monitor's OCD panel and try to get them as close as you can. The monitor's OCD may have a calibration setting.

Set both monitors back to default using the OCD -
If they have a calibration tool, run them (that should get them close).

Then adjust brightness / contrast / sharpness / color / Picture mode / etc

Ari145

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2015
Go through the Monitor's OCD panel and try to get them as close as you can. The monitor's OCD may have a calibration setting.

Set both monitors back to default using the OCD -
If they have a calibration tool, run them (that should get them close).

Then adjust brightness / contrast / sharpness / color / Picture mode / etc
I mean, i tried this, just impossible to get rid of the yellow tint, pretty sure when I had my other monitor hooked up it was my 2nd monitor that had the yellow tint, could it be a graphics card issue maybe? my drivers are updated and its driving me crazy

my old monitor was the same as my secondary monitor and still wasn't the same tint and i never touched the OCD

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
It could be the graphics card if it affected your previous monitor as well.

Have you checked to see if your monitors have the latest firmware? What type of monitors you are using (make & model)

Is device manager showing the monitors properly? If they say "Generic PNP Monitor" or something like that, download the drivers from the manufacture. Using windows Generic Drivers is never a good thing.

Ari145

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2015
It could be the graphics card if it affected your previous monitor as well.

Have you checked to see if your monitors have the latest firmware? What type of monitors you are using (make & model)

Is device manager showing the monitors properly? If they say "Generic PNP Monitor" or something like that, download the drivers from the manufacture. Using windows Generic Drivers is never a good thing.
thing is, it didn't affect my old monitor...
Update: I returned the new (viewsonic) monitor and i got a samsung odyssey g3, the yellow tint is gone but now i have another issue: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...yellow-while-moving-while-using-flux.3810251/