[SOLVED] 1 of 2 SSDs read slows down after windows fully boot. Please help, thank you.

Dec 12, 2020
I have encountered a weird problem.
System Spec:
Windows 10
Intel I9-9980 HK
16 GB Ram
RTX 2080 16GB MAX-Q
ADATA SX8200PNP 2TB SSD
KXG50PNV2T04 2TB SSD

Two M.2 SSDs, A is the boot drive, has no problems at all, about 2800 MB/s read.
B is the other nonboot drive, when windows first start, within the first few seconds, CrystalDiskMark shows normal read speed, about 2700 MB/s. Then if I wait a minute or so, test it again, read speed max out at 200-400 MB/s. In task manager, it shows near 100% active time. Write is about 500 MB/s.
BIOS is set on ACHI mode. Options are either ACHI or Raid.
Both SSDs have a Read speed rating of around 2.8 GB/s. TLC memory.

Please help, thank you!

Solution
Reverse their NVME M.2 slot locations, but, boot from the same OS drive. If the second non-OS drive still has post-boot speed issues, at least you have effectively 100% ruled out the mainboard as a cause if the drive is/becomes slow in two different NVME slots.

I'd at least secure erase and quick format the drive in question, and see if this behavior continues, but, you might need to investigate an RMA process on it...
Reverse their NVME M.2 slot locations, but, boot from the same OS drive. If the second non-OS drive still has post-boot speed issues, at least you have effectively 100% ruled out the mainboard as a cause if the drive is/becomes slow in two different NVME slots.

I'd at least secure erase and quick format the drive in question, and see if this behavior continues, but, you might need to investigate an RMA process on it...

Solution